Hello to All

magma

A warm Hello to all Audio enthusiasts here

My name is Ali and i manage a hardware manufacturing unit in mumbai
i Studied engineering and then completed a diploma in CAM while working with godrej areospace
i love music movies and football

i have been looking to setup an audio system for my home for sometime however -marriage and then my newborn always found a way to divert me and my money!
in my quest for good advice ive stumbled across this forum

After ice'ing my car(thanks to another forum - team-bhp) its now time i can shift my attention to upgrading my audio at home

Please note i know nothing about audio but i do know how i want my music to sound(if that makes any sense)

requirments

Budget 40-50K for speakers and an Amplifier including cabling( source will be an ipod for now before i collect something for a decent upgrade)

Im strictly an audio fan so no movies/hometheatre/5.1 required here-just simple audio cds/songs recorded in stereo

Room size is 11ft*16ft.No soundproofing done.Tiled floor.Distance from speaker location to seating is 6-8 feet
im open to Floorstanders/bookshleves or satellites

Music prefeerence-Classic Rock (the boring old kind)-Eagles,Floyd/FleetwoodMac/Blowfish.Abit of instrumental

Not averse to purchasing from the grey market if it provides more bang to the buck

Some questions
do i require a 2.0 setup or a 2.1.how does one judge.

PLease do advice on speakers and amplifier choices i have
( i will be reading through the forums before i post )

looking forward to guidance from you all

best reagurds
Ali

P.S : Music in car Illusion Electra components and a Ground Zero SUB in a 0.95cu ft sealed box in the boot. ( if it helps to know).Amp KAC8401

Previous system at home - Akai 50*2rms- purchased from Japan brought by frequnet traveller

Last edited:
A warm Hello to all Audio enthusiasts here

My name is Ali and i manage a hardware manufacturing unit in mumbai
i Studied engineering and then completed a diploma in CAM while working with godrej areospace
i love music movies and football

i have been looking to setup an audio system for my home for sometime however -marriage and then my newborn always found a way to divert me and my money!
in my quest for good advice ive stumbled across this forum

After ice'ing my car(thanks to another forum - team-bhp) its now time i can shift my attention to upgrading my audio at home

Please note i know nothing about audio but i do know how i want my music to sound(if that makes any sense)

requirments

Budget 40-50K for speakers and an Amplifier including cabling( source will be an ipod for now before i collect something for a decent upgrade)

Im strictly an audio fan so no movies/hometheatre/5.1 required here-just simple audio cds/songs recorded in stereo

Room size is 11ft*16ft.No soundproofing done.Tiled floor.Distance from speaker location to seating is 6-8 feet
im open to Floorstanders/bookshleves or satellites

Music prefeerence-Classic Rock (the boring old kind)-Eagles,Floyd/FleetwoodMac/Blowfish.Abit of instrumental

Not averse to purchasing from the grey market if it provides more bang to the buck

Some questions
do i require a 2.0 setup or a 2.1.how does one judge.

PLease do advice on speakers and amplifier choices i have
( i will be reading through the forums before i post )

looking forward to guidance from you all

best reagurds
Ali

P.S : Music in car Illusion Electra components and a Ground Zero SUB in a 0.95cu ft sealed box in the boot. ( if it helps to know).Amp KAC8401

Previous system at home - Akai 50*2rms- purchased from Japan brought by frequnet traveller

Hey Ali

Welcome to the forum buddy ... !!!

Have a nice stay here...!!!

Bro, straight away coming to your point...

Is the seating from system only consist of sofa @ around 6-8 fts...???
or is there any other seating as well, to listen to...???

As, if your seating is only 6-8 fts, then consider nice Bookshelf speakers...
But as your living/bed room is 16fts length... and as you neednt be seated at one place to hear music, then prefferably you can have Floor Standers...

The choices you can go in for ...
Integrated Amplifiers :
1). Cambridge Audio
2). Marantz
3). Odyssey

Speakers :
1). Mordaunt Short - Mezzo Series or Avant Series(906i only)
2). Dali IKON 2
3). B & W
4). KEF

I am not particular on models of all brands considering your choice...
Audition them, and then decide...

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back