Hello to Everyone...

anujmishra

A big hello to all members here. My Id spells my name so no need for me to tell my name. I'm based in Bangalore. I am audio enthusiast and till now I was not very active towards this hobby. I do not have any decent setup at my home but now it is time for me to build-up.

As of now, I have Panasonic SC VK950 5.2 setup at home purchased in 2007. This Hi-Fi system is still maintained immaculately and still delivers what is expected from it. It has got 5 DVD changers, 2 Cassette Deck, AM/FM, Aux-In port. As per specification it has got 880W RMS. And in PMPO (fake) terms it is of 10000 Watts.

Till one year back it was doing its duty. But now time is to move and get something better in terms of quality. The biggest bug that bit me is of TurnTable. I want to start from basic and then move-on with some good quality TT. I do not want to use my TT with existing Panasonic.

I am looking for some Amp most probably it will be Norge Concerto Gold 1000 amp and I am in talk with Mr. Bajaj for finalizing purchase.

Next, I will get most probable Denon 29F Turntable. I know, it is not great TT but good for basic startup. Going forward, I am looking into some vintage TT. Search is in progress. Please help me find HMV, Philips TTs somewhere. One more benefit of Denon 29F is it has in-build Phono PreAmp, so no need to invest into that.

Third, I am looking for a pair of floor standers which will match Norge Concerto Gold 1000 amp. Budget is ~20K ( :eek: small budget). Your advice is appreciated.

All in all, I have budget of around ~40000 K for building basic setup for TT.

Of course future goals are:

1. 2 TTs (1 - basic, 1 - decent quality-need more research)
2. Decent HT setup. Much more research required.
3. Look for center, rear and sub for HT.
4. What else?

Welcome abroad. If you are the AnujMishra who is staying in Mahaveer Dazzle Apts, you have a chance to audition the Norge amp (the owner bought it directly from the factory), please let me know.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back