Hello to everyone

Modsy

A warm hello to everyone on this forum. Just joined this forum yesterday and
read some great stuff.

Frankly my knowledge on music systems is not much. I am moving to a new house and was looking at buying a home theatre system for the same. A friend recommended this forum.
My budget for the home theatre system is around 80K.
Can u suggest stuff i should be considering .

A warm hello to everyone on this forum. Just joined this forum yesterday and
read some great stuff.

Frankly my knowledge on music systems is not much. I am moving to a new house and was looking at buying a home theatre system for the same. A friend recommended this forum.
My budget for the home theatre system is around 80K.
Can u suggest stuff i should be considering .

Welcome to the forum,Modsy.
It would be helpful if you could post additional info like size of your ht room, whether you plan to use it for music and how much, and is your 80k budget for tv, avr, spkrs, dvdp ?

budget of 80K is for speakers and AVR. i already have a samsung DVD player model: DVD-1080PK

budget of 80K is for speakers and AVR. i already have a samsung DVD player model: DVD-1080PK

hey buddy

Welcome to the forum...!!!

Ever heard of Q Acoustics...???

Nicely priced with a Waltrose Performance...

Q Acoustics - 1000i 5.1 Package - Costs Rs.55,000
Denon / Cambridge Reciever for around Rs.28,000
Cables and Accessories for Rs.3,000

Total Rs.86,000

Apart from this if you want to audition, then even try Wharfedale...

check out speakers brands - wharfedale diamonds, kef iq series and monitor audio bronze. for amps its onkyo / denon / yamaha / hk...

listen to the speakers first and then pair it with a suitable amp.

whats your listening split - mostly music or mostly tv / dvd

Welcome to the forum,Modsy.
It would be helpful if you could post additional info like size of your ht room, whether you plan to use it for music and how much, and is your 80k budget for tv, avr, spkrs, dvdp ?

My HT room size is 10'.1 x 18.1' . Majority of the time i would use the above for listening to music and at times for movies

My HT room size is 10'.1 x 18.1' . Majority of the time i would use the above for listening to music and at times for movies

Modsy,

This has been discussed ad nauseum in this forum. If your preference is for music, get a good two channel amplifier and two good speakers. If you are not very particular about surround sound, a two channel system will deliver reasonable results when you watch movies. You can hear the dialogues clearly, and nearly 80% of the rest of the movies sound from the front speakers.

If you use an AVR for music, at the budget level, you are compromising on the quality of sound. You will get decent music from AVRs only when you look at an unit costing some 75K and above.

All this is, of course, dependent upon how serious you are about the quality of music and movies' sound. Otherwise, for your budget, a good HTIB will deliver good results, and save you some 25K that you can use in buying music and movies.

How do you lean?

Cheers

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back