hello to everyone

audionirvana

hello!

this is pritam from calcutta. i am new to this forum and also to the world of hi fi audio.

i presently own advance acoustic map 105 integrated amp and monitor audio br2 speakers. the source is marantz 6002.

i am interested to buy a turntable. am thinking about the project genie. i think the experts here can guide me on this.

also i would like to know where in calcutta can i buy lps?

thanks in advance.

regards

nice setup,am sure it must be quite the 'audio nirvana':eek:hyeah:welcome and enjoy urself in the forum.pls post photos and regale the listening experience on ur setup.am sure will be interestin readin.cheers

hello friends
thanks for the warm welcome.
ya, the amp is great, terrific performance for the money. i had also auditioned nad, cambridge audio, denon integrated amps but the advance acoustic simply beats all of them in terms of performance as well as build quality.
the marantz cd 6002 is also very good. i really love and enjoy them. the monitor audio br2 is good in the mids and highs but they lack bass seriously. i had auditioned my advance acoustic map 105 with floorstanders and they were great even in the bass.
well that is the only thing, less bass, due to my bookshelf speakers, otherwise i love my system and am thoroughly enjoying it.
i am still waiting for some of you friends to enlighten me on where i can get lps in calcutta?
and also i would like to know if i am making a wise decision in choosing project genie turntable? i auditioned and liked it both in terms of sound and looks for the price. but i would certainly like some expert comments from you guys.

thank you.

Hi,
There are quite a few active threads already looking for entry level turntable. You may go for project debut - which our forum member smedhavi has.

Can you pls tell me the cost of your amp, and where can it be purchased from?

regards

hello friends
thanks for the warm welcome.
ya, the amp is great, terrific performance for the money. i had also auditioned nad, cambridge audio, denon integrated amps but the advance acoustic simply beats all of them in terms of performance as well as build quality.
the marantz cd 6002 is also very good. i really love and enjoy them. the monitor audio br2 is good in the mids and highs but they lack bass seriously. i had auditioned my advance acoustic map 105 with floorstanders and they were great even in the bass.
well that is the only thing, less bass, due to my bookshelf speakers, otherwise i love my system and am thoroughly enjoying it.
i am still waiting for some of you friends to enlighten me on where i can get lps in calcutta?
and also i would like to know if i am making a wise decision in choosing project genie turntable? i auditioned and liked it both in terms of sound and looks for the price. but i would certainly like some expert comments from you guys.

thank you.

Brother ,

Do you want to buy the turntable or the lps only. As you know , for high end turntables the options are very less , still you should try for the following place. If they dont have in their stock readily they can arrange one for you .

1. Digital Acoustics -- Dover Lane -- 9831038033
2. Profx -- 16/2 Hindustan Road,
Kolkata 700029
Tel: + 91 33 24669301/05
3. SKS Traders -- 52A ,Sarat Bose rd, opp Puddapukur , Kol -25
24864064, 9831163529, 65296315
4. Promises Instruments -- Theatre Road ( Opposite Kalamandir )
5. Capital Electronics -- Chaowrangi Shop only , besides Esplaned Metro

Besides the aforesaid, you should go to Free School Street , there are some very old music shops, opposite fire brigade office ,who still sell lps. In fact they can give you some more acurate details.

hello audionirvana
you may go for the project genie or the debut 3. both are great turntables for the price.
if you are inclined towars the genie, i think its fine. you will be making a very good purchase.
project has very good dealer support here in bangalore. contact your local dealer, there must be a good one in kolkata too.

Back