Hello World!

jabberdust

Hiya all..

This is Jabberdust howling.. Forty and extremely naughty.;)
Came across this forum after I was bitten (in the ear!) by the audio bug.
Since then I have been driving everybody nuts, boring them with all the audiophile jargon and trivia. Everybody is avoiding me or willing to meet me only with their earbuds on. Hmph! It was time I hung around with the like minded. :annoyed:

And here I am..!!

I have not bought much audio equipment in my life it all started when my HR manager asked me to get some unheard of stuff from Hongkong. I did hunt around and in the due process thought what a nutcase he was to spend money on things like a pen marker for CD to keep the rays in ???!? and some clip to clamp over the cable terminals to act as shields.. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAArgh! After a few months of spending time with him I came to know more of his exploits in this area (and why he did not marry).
Finally i popped the question: Which music system should I buy? (Am straight).

Then I was routed to his friend called Roshan D'Souza from whom I bought my first set of floor standing speakers and AMP (Pre+Power) setup which were fondly branded as "Rattle & Hum" .. I had them for many years and it performed way better than those MiniComp all in one systems by sony, philips which my friends had. The jealous suckers would always point at my system and say "No remote! you need to get up and walk to change volume HA!". I moved on..

Added a Pioneer DVD player with USB reader (Yeah!) when no one else had it! Later donated the AMPs to my friend's Farm house where we used to take it to almost every party and bought a used Yamaha Receiver (RX-V496) and a Marantz Sub-Woofer which totally changed the way the setup sounded. I was happy for a while and slowly get sucked into life and after a few house shifts the system landed up in the attic. I was just left with my Grado SR60 headphones plugged to my laptop. I still have it. It is terrific. Wish I could change the Sponge covers. Never did.

Last year saw a Cambridge Audio bluetooth speakers at friends party and was quite impressed. Then I did my research and bought a Logitech-UE Mini boom (CA too expensive) and used it for a few months and I was quite content as i had forgotten how big speakers sounded. Wife was happy as it is small enough for her to take it and hurl it at me and I was also happy as I could keep it out of reach of her sister's pesky kids who visited us more than often.

Then finally heard Bose Soundlink 2, ran back home and almost threw my MiniBoom out of the balcony. Resisted it. Finally decided: 'Boss, I need to buy myself a good Hifi'. The hunt began....

Forum after forum, day after day, night after night. Tantrum after Tantrum. I made a list of what I wanted, what was available, what you guys thought of what etc etc..

Finally took the plunge and ordered Norge 1000 G amp from Eastern Electronics. Came to know Mr. Bajaj passed away a few months back (RIP).

Then took the Amp and went and heard (sorry) Auditioned Mission, Wharfedale, Dali in the first round. Didn't particularly like any of them.
Not sure what went wrong.. This was at HT Store. They were very patient and spent a few hours skipping lunch for us. Very nice of them.

Disappointed, we headed back home and found another place on the way back and we took a chance and pinged them and they (music ranch) said they were open and we could land up. we did. They had Tannoy and PSB on display. Heard both and I was cock sure I wanted the Tannoy. They had eclipse 2. but I wanted Eclipse 3 as I had already seen it rated 5* by WhatHifi.

After a long and gruelling wait of 4 days it was delivered home and I connected it to my lonesome and desperate Norge and I am a very happy man nowadays. It sounds great.

Gee! I cannot believe I wrote such a long intro...! Sorry. I promise! I promise to be brief and concise in my future posts.

Sound Regards,
JabberDust

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back