Hello

Prajit

Hello every One,
My search for Music system has started now. Earlier I was Interested in 5.1 HTIB but after going through threads hereI have changed my mindAs everyone on this forum says Its always better to go step by step I will be following this route.
Just to start I am bit confused on whether to go for floor stand / Tower speakers or Book shelfs + SW. Will start my auditions soon In fact I have already done some with
1. Yamaha RXV 465+Mission MVDS 5.1
2. Denon1611 + Mission MVDS5.1
Did liked Denon over Yamaha. But not happy with the speakers.
With limited availability in pune I would definitely need to increase my search to Mumbai and will be doing so in next couple of months.

I am not a big fan of Room shaking like soundI love light music.
Looking for a help and suggestion from the forum members

Thanks in advance.

If its music system you are building .. you should look at stereo amps and not Av receivers. You can always go for different speakers than Missions :)
Lets know your budget.

Welcome to HFV...
Yamaha 465 is not good,467 can be better(mov + music).
Denon 1611 is powerful for movies.

Welcome Aboard Prajit.

Since Denon 1611 is available at a discount, why don't you try to position it with other 5.1 speaker sets like Energy Take Classic 5.1 or Paradigm CT70.

Not sure what your budget is though.

Hi,
Thanks to all.
Currently I am looking out for budget of around 50K -60K. It will be 50% movies + 50% music ( Advantage would always go for music)

Yesterday auditioned following combination @ Avexcellence
1. Denon 1611 + Paradigm CT90 5.1 :- Movie experience was very nice.. I Liked it. But for music ( In stereo mode) I feel it was not giving a good sound.
2. Onkyo CD player (Entry level not sure about the model number) + Paradigm Titan :- I liked this very much. Sound was very clear and could feel the stereo effect as well.
3. Denon 1611 + Paradigm Monitor 7 :- I would rate this at No 1.

I have few queries before I could move ahead.

1. Is the stereo quality coming out of AVR is as good as Stereo amp.

Presently I am planning to go for an AVR + Book shelf or Floor standing (Again in a dilemma here whether to go for book shelfs or Floor standing) and then slowly upgrade to 5.1 system.

I will be auditioning more combinations. Also I would like to give a try on assembled /manufactured speakers. Will this be good idea?
Mumbai member can you please give some pointers where I can audition speakers.
So far for AVR I am planning to zero in on Denon 1611. Will keep on searching the speakers.

Thanks.

Last edited:
@Prajit, Can you share the prices please.

Stereo cannot be used as 5.1, it is meant for 2 channel stereo sound only.

AVR's cannot beat Stereo Amplifiers. If you have budget and space, go for FS to start with, else there are some good BS as well.

Look at Marantz AVR's as well, they will probably balance your needs for Music and 5.1 setup for movies.

@imgene the price as follows...
Denon 1611:- 30,000 ( i feel too high, i ahve seen in the forum people getting it for 25K)
Paradigm CT 90 :- 46K
Paradigm Titan :- 30K
Paradigm Monitor 7 :- 45K

All above prices are before negotiation...

Thanks.

Denon AVR's are available for 25-30% off on MRP, check if PROFX is available in Pune.

Also, Paradigm speakers you can get 10-15% off post negotiation.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back