Hello

vianand

Hi ALl

I am new to this Forum, i have just retruned back to India and i am a movie buff, i loveed the post here and would like to contribute as much as i can and also post questions

hi anand
welcome to the forum. im personally not into surround sound - im a stereo guy:) - but am sure a lot of other members will look forward to your contributions.
have fun

hello dear:) :)friends,
i have joined only today and would be glad to receive and share notes on our common hobby i.e hi fidelity sound and video. i am basically a mech. engr in industrial marketing with wide interests in music, movies, technology, trekking, astronomy and cookery!! oops, thats a mouthful! to be frank, i was looking for a forum to share and discuss and benefit from the hi-fi technology available in our country. with a busy work and family life, frankly i admit, i don't have state-of-art equipment as i enjoy and believe also in saving cash by doing some "jugaad" or other afterall you must enjoy your music and video to the fullest possible in minimum possible budget-of course, in many areas, you cannot always save and have to get the best, but not always.
I have a P4 pentium desktop with 19" LCD, Aiwa 2 channel old stereo(looking to dispose and upgrade), 29"samsung DNIE flat CRT with tata sky connection and collection of favorite DVDs etc.
Do keep me in your group and support with your ideas.

welcome to the forum. im personally not into surround sound - im a stereo guy:) - but am sure a lot of other members will look forward to your contributions.

First a warm welcome to Anand and Pradeep.

Now a little digression. AFJ, I think I am going to enjoy berating you to start listening to and enjoying some multi channel music. What say?

Cheers

Welcome vianand & pradeep-ivon.

afj - I guess I am a stereo and a 5.1 guy then since I have both setup separately for music and movies.

thank you:) guys for your warm welcome to me. lets continue enjoying this wonderful company and build up our forum, as you rightly said, lets enjoy some multichannel music, i will remember to pick up some CDs on the way back home today.

First a warm welcome to Anand and Pradeep.

Now a little digression. AFJ, I think I am going to enjoy berating you to start listening to and enjoying some multi channel music. What say?

Cheers

perhaps i will drop in to your place one day and listen to your system and be convinced:). am sure that albums made in the 7.1 format sounds better - but does a normal cd recorded in stereo sound that much better?

my theory is that you get much better quality of music from a 2 channel than a 5.1 channel with your budget being a constant

perhaps i will drop in to your place one day and listen to your system and be convinced:). am sure that albums made in the 7.1 format sounds better - but does a normal cd recorded in stereo sound that much better? my theory is that you get much better quality of music from a 2 channel than a 5.1 channel with your budget being a constant

You are Welcome any time. No, I was specifically talking about audio recorded in multichannel such as DVD-A, and hopefully BD Discs.

Redbook CD is best heard and enjoyed in a 2 channel system.

Cheers

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back