Hello

randhir_s

Hi

I stumbled upon this site a a few months back and must say that this is one of the best sites to showcase collaboration and community.

It's just recently that I rediscovered my passion for music which had got buried during all these years under the hectic schedule of the Corporate.

I have two requirements, one is a good Hi-Fi setup for which I am giving myself some time so that I can educate myself and also understand my requirements properly. I may even create separate room (which will not be very big) with acoustic treatment if the need be or have the system in the Master bedroom which is fairly large approx 14 feet * 20 feet. I also have the option of placing the system in the center of the house at a height of 10 feet (I live in a duplex) but I understand that this might not be ideal because the speakers should be at ear level and also that my family doesn't necessarily always appreciate my taste in music :). What I am sure is that I will be primarily playing digital music generally 320 kbps Mp 3 and Flac's. My taste in music (which again is in the discovery stage) is Classical (Indian & Western), World music, Jazz fusion, New Age, old Rock/ Pop, old hindi songs etc. Not sure of my budget but would ideally like to keep it between 1 to 1.5 lakhs considering that I am at a experimental stage. I like bass

The other requirement is immediate and is for my mother who listens to Indian classical and bhajans. This requirement is immediate and was thinking of a mini Hi-Fi like Yamaha MCR 040 or Sony Neo tank. In this forum I have also come across suggestions like Astonia sc 301 and I also need to explore this. I would ideally like to keep the budget for this around Rs 20.000 /-

I am based in Pune and if some body from here is also planning to buy the we can possibly club our requirements to get a better deal.

I would be grateful for all help/ advise / leads etc and look forward to become a member who can contribute in this forum, in the near future.

Rgds

Randhir

Welcome to HFV Randhir.... Enjoy your stay....:eek:hyeah:

This is an introduction thread to members who join the forum... Request you to create a new thread in what to buy section & you will have plenty of suggestions....

Welcome!!!!!!

For your mother, I recommand Bose Acoustic Wave (all in one).

Good Day!

Chang

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back