Hello

Hi,
I have recently bought a Xindak A600E amplifier It will drive mostly anything, is very refined, built like a battle tank and surely see you through many upgrades. While the power stage is obviously its strength, the pre is no slouch either. I compared the pre with an expensive and famous Japanese tube pre and the tube lost without a doubt. Do check out the website and a couple of reviews.
I have owned good amps (Cyrus/Audio Analogue/Lyrita/Leben) before and listened to many more, but this one has left me extremely satisfied. I don't see myself upgrading unless my speakers cross the 5-6 lakh level. Match this super integrated with a high quality bookshelf on decent stands in about 1.5 Lakh, a DAC under 50 K and you are really well equipped well within your budget.

Happy hunting

Hi SmartAss,

Welcome to HFV.

Well with that budget, you can get a nice decent stereo system....since you are based in Mumbai....go and audition the many systems available with the countless dealers we have in Mumbai....concentrate on getting nice speakers....make sure you don't reveal the actual budget you have.....

Amps like Anthem, Arcam, Rotel, Marantz, Denon etc. etc. are good for stereo.....speakers like Focal, B&Ws, Jamo (Concert Series), Polks (RTi / LSiM), KEFs, Wharfedale, JBLs etc

Carry your music and go to dealers...say you are ready to spend around 2.5 lacs + or - 50k....keep the 2 lacs as buffer and after you get quotations...ask for prices of little higher models...

Once you have shortlisted the amps and speakers...share for our views, we will try to advise you the best guidance possible.....

Whats the length / specs of the listening area? Hall?

It would also be useful if you gave us some idea of your listening space and kind of music preferences. What kit are you using presently or have in the past can also provide an idea of the kind of sound you perhaps favour.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back