Help !!! - 32" LCD Sam B450/Phil 5609/Pan Lx800/LG 80UR - Tata Sky

Maximus

Hi,

Need help in buying a 32" LCD
Have been through a lot of posts in this forum and am kind of confused with the reviews for quite a few of the LCDs
Need some quick guidance in deciding among the below few choices that I have shortlisted based on the expert reviews by spiro, adder and daddycool. My main criteria is satisfactory Tata Sky viewing .

Budget : Max. 35 K (net price I will pay even after exchange of 21" CRT)

Viewing Distance : Closest (4 ft - 120 deg angle), Farthest(7/8 ft - 90 deg)

Usage : Tata Sky (80%), Divx Ripped movies (10%), DVD/PC (10%)

Options : (in that order)

1. Samsung 32B450C4 (HDR)
2. Philips 32PFL5609 (FHD)
3. Panasonic tx32lx800 / x15 (are they the same ?) (HDR)
4. LG 32LG80UR (HDR)
5. Philips 32PFL5409 (HDR)

Please help me based on requirement and decent ASS.

Cheers!
Maximus
P.S. Moderator, you may close this thread if it seems repetitive. I felt it necessary even after reading all reviews since I wanted a comparison between my shortlisted options :eek:

Hi,

I can say TOP3 Full HD LCDs are as below-
1.Phil5609 (I own)
2.Samy B530
3.Sony V550.

http://www.hifivision.com/television/6754-my-new-philips-pfl5609-lcdtv.html
http://www.hifivision.com/television/2423-32-lcd-comparison-3.html

I chose Phil as it was the most natural in colours & accurate in images.
I found with other LCDs DTH was not very good.I took Demo twice in Croma ,before I booked it.As you must have read,I am using Dishtv with composite out(regular video) & image with Philips is giving its Best.I can say its equal OR better than 29in CRT when watched from 6-8ft.

Watching from 4ft is not advisable for SD,I recommend Philips 5609 if you see from 8ft+.

USB too is handy for Divx.I ripped Narnia with highest Q in autoGK & PQ was looking better than DVD played off my old DVDp with component out.

Many have reported to have prob with HTPC.I havent check it,but vid mode can accept 1080p.

Black details are good too.I took 2 days to get best PQ.

Samy is second with sharp images,strong colours.But I liked just easy,fluid performance of Philips.

Still Do compare yourself...:thumbsup:

Thanks for the quick response Spiro ..

Problem is I can only have a max 8 ft viewing distance else I would have to do a lot of renovation to shift electrical contacts etc ...

Also according to many in this forum HD Ready is better for Tata Sky (or any DTH) ... Does your 5609 give a decent PQ from a 7/8 ft distance (without pixellation) for DTH, if you can please check that for me.

I checked in Croma, but they just had the 5409 on display. Planning to do another reccee this weekend.

Thanks again.

If you have seen my setup,I sometimes sit next to LCD on HTPC.
I find viewing angle is not gr8,but picture clearity is not lost.
In short No prob watching as close as 6ft, 4ft for SD not recommended still OK than others here.

I picked up last piece from Ghatkoper as no stalk in Mulund,i was told that new stalk will come after December.

So philips is poppular.

Thanks ..
Yes I checked in Mulund. They don't have it for now ... they just have the 5409 on display. Anyways as I am from Mulund I can keep checking for the same.
Waiting for some Christmas offers. I am also inclined towards Philips 5609 at the moment .. just need to fully convince myself which one amongst Sammy 450 and Phi 5609 is better

Thanks ..
Yes I checked in Mulund. They don't have it for now ... they just have the 5409 on display. Anyways as I am from Mulund I can keep checking for the same.
Waiting for some Christmas offers. I am also inclined towards Philips 5609 at the moment .. just need to fully convince myself which one amongst Sammy 450 and Phi 5609 is better

I liked the Sammy b450. Did not get the opp for a side-by-side comparison with the 5609 but saw it once next to the 5409 in a Next showroom. The Sammy was much better. I have visited a large number of places before settling down to the B450.
One word of caution: do not decide based on viewing comparison at a single showroom. That is very deceptive as they seem to manipulate the display to push what they want. This makes the whole process that much more complex for us but it is something that must be done.

Hey spirovious.. i jus want to kno this.. does the 5609 play Divx thru USB?? pls do let me know cos i m planing tot pick one up for new year, it cost abt 53k in chennai.. is it a good price???

Max: Each of us have found one model to be good. Its not bcos of the TVs but bcos of our preference. My sincere suggestion is look into each and decide what you like the best. Sammy/Phili/Pana are good and you cant go wrong there.

One more suggestion is not to spend on FHD models until and unless you notice a difference bcos at 32 FHD vs HDR makes no difference. Only difference happens in PQ is bcos sometimes the FHD has a better image processing ability.

Hey spirovious.. i jus want to kno this.. does the 5609 play Divx thru USB?? pls do let me know cos i m planing tot pick one up for new year, it cost abt 53k in chennai.. is it a good price???

5609 32 in for 53k?OR 35K?
It can play Divx,Xvid,Realmedia vid,mpeg1(VCD/DAT) from usb & it reads 700mb file in less than 10sec with very good PQ & sound balanced.

It can play Divx,Xvid,Realmedia vid,mpeg1(VCD/DAT) from usb & it reads 700mb file in less than 10sec with very good PQ & sound balanced.

hi spiro,
does your TV play HD DivX (1080p) rite out of USB like samsung B650....??

None of the TV with USB plays 1080P even DVD players acnt play mkv files you need either HD DVD, Blue Ray or some Media player to play mkv file.

None of the TV with USB plays 1080P even DVD players acnt play mkv files you need either HD DVD, Blue Ray or some Media player to play mkv file.

I think sammy B650 plays wide range of formats and also 1080p......and also 7000 LED series of samsung.....i have seen in showroom ....guy was playing HD stuff from internal memory of the TV!!

The new Panasonics do... Most of the X series and any TVs with with 'AVCHD' written on them.
Not sure if it playes of USB or SD Card though..

Thanks Spiro... jus tested a few divx out at croma.. it played most of them fine. but some it did not. i will find out wot containers those file have.

53k in Chennai for 42inch. today it was 51k. good buy rite?

Thanks Spiro... jus tested a few divx out at croma.. it played most of them fine. but some it did not.

51 is regular price,try some discount OR gift.
If you try Divx clips cut in vid cutter,then it has synchro prob.But with proper movieit works fine.I have seen whole mov without hitch.It dont read NTFS.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back