Help: 47 inch LED-LCD in 90k range, LG LE5500 or Samsung 46C6200

maddr1ver

Hi all
My first posting in the forums and am asking for advice !
I need to purchase a 46" LED TV. 3D is not a requirement. Adter a visit to nearest chroma Dealer in S. Delhi, I narrowed down to three choices
Samsung 46C6200
Sony 46EX710
LG 47LE5300

All have very similar prices but picture quality (aa i noticed with default content in store) varies. Samsung I found to be much brighter and sharper. LG was close but slighhtly less so (in a more pleasing manner). Sony had the dullest picture; salesman tried to push it is natural but I found it lacking.

Feature by feature comparison:
Type of panel: Viewing angles of all three are advertised at 178 degree sony,
Sony ??
Samsung: Ultra clear panel ??is is prone to the infamous panel Lottery as well ??
LG: Website says that 5500 is an Advanced IPS LED LCD Panel. It has a hard coating on surface.

Response Time: Sony ?? Samsung (between 3/4 ms as informed by Sales Rep) LG (2.4 ms)
Local Dimming: Present in LG. Sony says Deep colour .
Refresh rate: all are 100 hz models. Though samsung advertises a ClearMotion rate of 400Hz.
Connectivity:
HDMI: 3-4 ports each. SOnu actually has 2 on side panel.
Composite/AV: Samsung and LG has just One AV in each at Rear! Sony has 2 dedicated, 1 shared with Componet in.
Component: Samsung has just One Component in at Rear. LG has just Two Component in at Rear. Sony: has two at rear (one of them is shared with composite in).
Samsung also advertises a Slender cable. That probably enables an extra Component and composite port. each
PC (VGA 15 pin D-sub): 1 in each
LAN: Present in Samsung and Sony , None in LG ??,
Wireless: All are compatible with modules that allows internet video. Not very important.
Bluetooth: Present in LG for headsets/picture/Mp3 etc. Absent in Samsung and Sony. I say a useful feature esp if you have a stereo Bluetooth headphone already available.
Playback: USB based possible in all. I believe both LG and Samsung support MKV containers. Samsung has 2 USBs (can use 1 for Wireless module). LG and Sony have 1 each.
RS232 Control/SVC: ???? I guess its more of service menu than of any reau use. Still LG supports it. Samsung does not.
DLNA Support: All
Internet on TV: absent in Samsung, Sony and LG support via Wireless connection.
Sony consumes least power at 115 watts followed by Samsung 150 watts and LG (180watts)

Also all these are 2010 range. When can we expect 2011 range to hit teh tsores?
I request users who have experience of similar situation / hands on with these models to kindly guide me.

Thanks
Maddy

Check out lg 4600, 47 inch,same as 5500 without Internet ,going under 70k and invest more on blu ray content,sony's new series will come in march,samsung in June and lg no idea.

4600 does not have backlight, also contrast is 2mil:1 agasinst 5mil:1 you get in 5500 - these does make a difference....

Only problem is LG does not seem to have any stocks of 4600 in 47", as also a couple of other models including the Plasma 50PK. Only the 47" 5500 is currently available.
Was informed that the prices of the sets can vary from regions/Zones.

Last edited:
So which one did you buy.......
I am also stuck up with the same doubt..

4600 with speakers+ blu ray+ tatasky for 67k
or
5500 with bluray+tatasky+Netcast for 72K ???

or

5500 for 72k would be my pick.....
U r buying a tv not a music system even if they claim it has woofer it wil nvr be good compared to expternal 5.1, so buy the one which is good in picture quality i think 5500 is way better than 4600...connect a 2.1 creative speaker(900rs sp road) and enjoy the sound....if u r very much concerned about the sound output..

or

IF the difference is only 5k, go for 5500!! It has local dimming (but its partial/limited and not full as far as i know)!

Also, which showroom did you visit....was it Saket??? A couple of their salesmen are pretty dumb, atleast thats what my experience was! When I asked them why LCD or LED is better than Plasma, he said its because of the reflection mainly :lol:!

Btw, is 72k the price for 47 inch one?

Last edited:
you guys can check out my experience with my Sammy 46 C8000 with pics, differences with C7000 AND C9000 at ----"Bought the 47" Full LED-3D TV LG 47LX9500 - My Experience" thread.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back