Help, 5.1 speakers for gaming, dolby digital, f&d f5090 connectivity!!!

Tiwana

hello,
i am looking to buy 5.1 speakers for gaming only. I have narrowed down my selection to f&d f5090. But here i have run into a problem as i have zero knowledge of RCA jacks given in the specifications description page of the product.(F&D F5090 | 5.1 Home Theater Speakers | Multimedia Speakers )

I previously owned creative 4.1 speakers. They had 3.5mm jacks connectivity cable which went into the subwoofer & in onboard audio jacks.

My FIRST question is will i be able to connect these speakers with my current onboard jacks ( http://i.picpar.com/WPfb.jpg ) with the connectivity wires which come with this speaker system? or will i have to buy some converter !!! The RCA jacks confused my mind :)

I am going to purchase a sound card which supports dolby digital in a month or two in range of 2k to 5k. So my SECOND question is will these speakers give 5.1 dolby digital or DTS sound with the sound card as in the description page of the product connectivity option is given as stereo audio ( RCA jacks).

MY 3rd question is what equipment do i need for 5.1 dolby digital & dts audio? As far as i know i only need 5.1 speaker & dolby digital supporting sound card. OR something else is also required:)

Please suggest some other speakers if they will not support 5.1 dd or dts with sound card under 12k & also sound card under 5k. i have total budget of 17k.

Gonna use the speakers only for gaming only , headphones for movies & do not listen to music :D

I have narrowed down my selection to f&d f5090.
I wud instead recomend the F6000U in which u get an 8 inch subwoofer against 6.5 inch in 5090. Also 6000 has better connectivity of SD Card/ USB etc. Still as per its description, the output PMPO is higher in 5090 than the F6000U. So is ur call. Just that I have tried and tested experience of the F6000U.

will i have to buy some converter
. No need. All u need is easily available cable with 2 RCAs at one end and 3.5MM at the other. here is the link
3pc 1 5MTR 3 5mm Male Stereo Jack TO 2RCA Male 5ft | eBay

will these speakers give 5.1 dolby digital or DTS sound with the sound card
. They surely will. They are desinged specifically for the purpose of 1) geting true 5.1 via sound card or 2) getting true 5.1 from ur regular dvd player's RCA jacks. The 'stereo' in speaker description just refers to the fact that the usual RCA cable comes in pairs of L and R connections, otherwise u can detach as well and use each cable individually for any connection.

OR something else is also required
. No other equipment required. if u r using sound card, u ll get all dts and dolby 5.1 from this combo.

Hope that helps

I wud instead recomend the F6000U in which u get an 8 inch subwoofer against 6.5 inch in 5090. Also 6000 has better connectivity of SD Card/ USB etc. Still as per its description, the output PMPO is higher in 5090 than the F6000U. So is ur call. Just that I have tried and tested experience of the F6000U.

. No need. All u need is easily available cable with 2 RCAs at one end and 3.5MM at the other. here is the link
3pc 1 5MTR 3 5mm Male Stereo Jack TO 2RCA Male 5ft | eBay

. They surely will. They are desinged specifically for the purpose of 1) geting true 5.1 via sound card or 2) getting true 5.1 from ur regular dvd player's RCA jacks. The 'stereo' in speaker description just refers to the fact that the usual RCA cable comes in pairs of L and R connections, otherwise u can detach as well and use each cable individually for any connection.

. No other equipment required. if u r using sound card, u ll get all dts and dolby 5.1 from this combo.

Hope that helps

Thanks man, that helped a lot. Thanks 4 clearing my doubts:clapping:

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back