help a noob...

rocknrolla

i have a couple of (noobish, plz dont get angry) doubts...
i recently bought a home theater onkyo 308, onkyo 728(thnx to rahuljonline) and a wdtv live to watch the bluray rips that i downloaded frm torrents coz i dont hav a digital out frm my pc. Unfortunately i dint like the picture clarity that i get from my wdtv.

No offense to the wdtv lovers. My friends and brother really loved the quality. Its just my eyes couldn't get acclimated to the wdtv picture quality.
Is there a way to tweak the picture in wdtv?

I also want to upgrade the sound card. Now here I have a doubt here. How does optical out work? Is it just-passthrough-receiver-will-handle-decoding type of mechanism or it decodes the sound?
If its the former, I can just buy a cheap sound card. If its the latter, then among the following which card is good?
Creative X-Fi Titanium vs Xonar DX (I only use the digital out)

Finally, I got my receiver (onkyo TX-SR308) and HT 5.1 set ( Onkyo SKS HT-728) and an optical onkyo wire for 40k. Is it a good deal? I'm asking coz currently 308 is out of stock and the dealer gave me 307 for temporary usage. I think I can still bargain with the dealer. (until my receiver comes :p)

Overall, I am super satisfied with my HT. Its like taking a quantum leap in terms of sound quality(from my creative 5k 5.1 setup :p) I have auditioned 5 HTs and finally settled on this with my eyes closed. :yahoo: :cool: thanx to all the hifivision gurus!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back