[help] budget diy sub

spacemonkey

Hi guys
After being inspired by all the DIY stories around and thanks to some fellow members pushing me towards the DIY option, although I have never really done it before, i have decided on taking the plunge. I mean, why not right?

Anyways, so here's what i have figured so far.

You need a good driver, a good amp to power the driver and a pretty sweet cabinet to go with it all.

I am all for keeping the price as moderate as possible, else buying a stock subwoofer is not a bad option as well off the shelf.

I have identified Peerless Audio's 12" subwoofer driver and have figured out where to source it from for about 3k.

Any idea where I can find a subwoofer plate amp in Mumbai and what kind of money can i expect it to cost?
Also, do i need to keep something specific in mind when matching the driver to the amp? I noticed no information about wattage on their page on the link above.

Also, for the cabinet. Can I just get any local carpenter to source me some quality MDF and ask him to build me a cabinet with accurate measurements? A sealed option/ported option? I have checked out some designs for simple subwoofers linked to me by a fellow member and there are some really really simple designs like the R1200 on parts-express, but just wondering..

Any and all help will be much appreciated.
Cheers

Checkout the sub kit in my groupbuy thread by clicking on m y signature. Driver and amp together cost $199. Shipping and customs extra. Shipping by ocean freight and since it is groupbuy, would work out cheaper.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back