Help-Budget speakers for Yamaha RX V4A

corridor_b

Hi All,

I am a newbie in this forum as well as in the audiophile world. For me home theatre meant Sony, as I was using a 5.0 Sony Home theatre from 2006 and had not heard about any other product. I have a 65 inch Mi 4K TV and was connecting to Sony using headphone cable as my HT had only stereo and RC out. Only after coming to this forum, I started hearing names like Denon, Marantz, Klipsch etc etc.. Recently I purchased Yamaha RX V4A for start of my journey to the world of hi fi audio and am currently using the 5.0 Sony speakers with this AVR. I expected this to sound better with AVR. But to my dismay the sound what I used to get from old HT was better. I am not getting good bass from front speakers.

Hence I would like to go for purchasing 5.0 speakers as of now and later add SUB when moolah allows. I am currently looking into Polk T Series Floor standing along with centre and surround, Yamaha FS 555 and Taga Harmony 606 V3. My room is 14*14 and is not acoustically treated as of now. The room is only used for movie and listening to music.

Am I going in the right way? Will these speakers be enough for me looking into the budget. I can spent max 40k without sub at the moment. Any suggestions is appreciated.

Congratulation on your new avr. Personally i would advise you to start slow by focusing on speakers than going for 5.0/5.1 experience at once.
Speakers last way longer than the avrs, hence its advisable to chose the speakers based on available budget and keep on adding. you can start with front LR or FLCR for now and add surrounds/ sub later on. You can also get 5.0 in your current budget but than you will soon feel an urge to upgrade. :)

By seeing your shortlist speakers package, we got some idea of budget, but still can you share how much you intend to spend?

Congratulation on your new avr. Personally i would advise you to start slow by focusing on speakers than going for 5.0/5.1 experience at once.
Speakers last way longer than the avrs, hence its advisable to chose the speakers based on available budget and keep on adding. you can start with front LR or FLCR for now and add surrounds/ sub later on. You can also get 5.0 in your current budget but than you will soon feel an urge to upgrade. :)
This also came to my mind as I can use existing Surround speakers and go for FLCR. My budget currently would be 40000 at the max for speakers at present. I know that is peanuts compared to what some of the esteemed members spend here.
My only complaint is that before going with AVR, my front L and R would give sufficient amount of bass , in 2.0 configuration. All my excitement went to drain (lack of any bass) as I heard the 5.0 setup after connecting and configuring AVR. I just want to confirm, will the bass issue go after going for decent FLCR speaker.

By seeing your shortlist speakers package, we got some idea of budget, but still can you share how much you intend to spend?
Sir,
I can go max, at present , 40000 Rs for speakers. Budget is an issue, above that my family including my mother and wife are not happy with spending this much money for movies and music. :):)

Sir,
I can go max, at present , 40000 Rs for speakers. Budget is an issue, above that my family including my mother and wife are not happy with spending this much money for movies and music. :):)

You say your are not getting good bass. Also I see your Sony speakers are working fine. My suggestion is get good Sub first and match them with Sony speakers.

Another suggestion is Buy Mission QX2 and used sub like below and use your current sonyspeakers for center & surround.

www.olx.in/item/velodyne-subwoofer-iid-1598830192

This way you can upgrade in future without replacing speakers. If you are sure you won't be upgrading for next 2-3 years then you can think for package.

Do audition before purchasing.

You say your are not getting good bass. Also I see your Sony speakers are working fine. My suggestion is get good Sub first and match them with Sony speakers.

Another suggestion is Buy Mission QX2 and used sub like below and use your current sonyspeakers for center & surround.

www.olx.in/item/velodyne-subwoofer-iid-1598830192

This way you can upgrade in future without replacing speakers. If you are sure you won't be upgrading for next 2-3 years then you can think for package.

Do audition before purchasing.
Thanks for the suggestions. As told before, I also thought about going for a sub, but was not sure whether i am on the right track.

Thanks for the suggestions. As told before, I also thought about going for a sub, but was not sure whether i am on the right track.
In both of my suggestions, sub is suggested. No harm buying sub first.
Do some audition for sub first and shortlist some. Decide on pre owned or new as per shortlist keeping your budget in mind.

In both of my suggestions, sub is suggested. No harm buying sub first.
Do some audition for sub first and shortlist some. Decide on pre owned or new as per shortlist keeping your budget in mind.
Thanks. Will start the eternal search for speakers from now.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back