Help buying with Tigerdirect/Paypal

arnprasad

Hi,

I am trying to buy from Tigerdirect. When I try to register - for my credit card billing address - India is not in the list of countries listed. I can use a the US shipping address as billing address - not sure if they verify it with mastercard.

Then there is an option for paying with Paypal. So I choose that option - as I had used Paypal for ebay India purchases long time back. now it seems Indian government has asked it get few KYC type details - so it asked me for my PAN number then my bank account which I gave - thirdly its asking me for "purpose code" - reason as to why I am paying or receiving money - it has a list of options - but a simple answer like buying online isnt there and I am a bit confused. Again just to clarify - these three questions are being asked as that I can receive money into my paypal account.

anyone has this experience? Have they paid into Tigerdirect from India? or did you too have to go through the Paypal questions? Thx

Paypal introduced these measures long time back due to some objections raised by RBI.

Provide the answers, it would be useful in the long term. Purpose code is relevant if you want to receive payment from abroad. If paypal is insisting, just provide "other services" as purpose code.

Tigerdirect may still check your registered address from paypal. Actually there is a tigerdirect shop on Amazon that you may order from using Indian credit card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paypal introduced these measures long time back due to some objections raised by RBI.

Provide the answers, it would be useful in the long term. Purpose code is relevant if you want to receive payment from abroad. If paypal is insisting, just provide "other services" as purpose code.

Tigerdirect may still check your registered address from paypal. Actually there is a tigerdirect shop on Amazon that you may order from using Indian credit card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks.

1) I did not go to the tigerdirect shop - but Amazon does show TG to be one of the sellers - except it has shipping compared to no shipping on TG.
2) I have answered all questions that Paypal has posed. Now it says they will send nominal amounts to my bank, I have to look at it and confirm on PP. Still waiting for this to happen
3) Since I am sending money and not receiving - I tried buying from TG post answering all questions and it still wouldnt let me buy saying I had to wait for some 3-4 days before I can start transacting
4) TG also offered Google wallet - I registered in 2 minutes and I managed to buy from TG using Google Wallet
5) Wonder why PP has go thru all these hassles when I have bought tons of stuff from Amazon over the past 10 years. Even Google Wallet worked.
6) Finally - on TG it says shipping free today - however when I checked out using GW - it added 12 dollars of shipping - seems like some mis communication between TG and its partners regarding this free shipping offer - have written to TG - I am hoping they will refund the 12 dollars

Back