Help!!! Cracked LG 4K TV Display

Silencer

Hi everyone,

I have a 43” LG 4K TV (43UF640T). An entry level model. Unfortunately my dear son had found a way to crack the display. :cool:

Now I have decided to get a XGIMI H2 Projector as tv replacement. I don’t want to take a chance on TVs anymore. Of course with projector I get bigger picture and can’t be happier. ;)

Now what shall I do with the tv?

The local technician has quoted 27k for the display replacement. Should I go for it and use it in my bedroom? Is display replacement reliable? Many suggested to sell it on olx for whatever I get.

It was a gift from a close friend. So can’t really dump it.

Help me with your suggestions. Thanks :)

The local technician has quoted 27k for the display replacement. Should I go for it and use it in my bedroom? Is display replacement reliable? Many suggested to sell it on olx for whatever I get.

Spending 27K on panel replacement is not worth it IMO.. There is no guarantee that it will work fault free.. For the same money spend it on a newer TV of same size (or) lesser screen size who offers more warranty out of the box or optional..

Hi everyone,

I have a 43” LG 4K TV (43UF640T). An entry level model. Unfortunately my dear son had found a way to crack the display. :cool:

Now I have decided to get a XGIMI H2 Projector as tv replacement. I don’t want to take a chance on TVs anymore. Of course with projector I get bigger picture and can’t be happier. ;)

Now what shall I do with the tv?

Help me with your suggestions. Thanks :)

Depends if that quote was from a authorized service center (where your existing warranty will continue if any exists), or just some dude. If it was from some dude just let the TV go, cause one thing I have discovered about modern electronics, once you open them so much as breathe heavily something else will fail.

My friend got it from Dubai. The quotation was given by NOT an authorized one.

I don't think I will get anything worth paying 27k when it comes to TV. Especially going from a 4K TV.

I guess I need to say good bye to it. Is there anybody you guys know, from OLX, or acquaintance who collect these and pay something acceptable?

Before finalizing on Xgimi, I had a talk with a showoom manager who "mercilessly" offered 2k for it if I'm up for an exchange. He also offered 10 - 12% discount on the selected TV. Well, I turned it down. Bad move??:(

I was planning to get a 65" 4K under 1 - 1.5 lakhs. Change of plans after seeing xgimi reviews and pricing.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back