Help: HT for my L Shaped Living+dining

laddankailu

Hi mates,

This is my first post, feel good to be part of this forum. I was trying to get information to design HT system for my living+dining and came across this website. Read up a lot of posts on the forum last night.

Either I am not very good at forum search or I my particular kind of case has not been discussed in recent past.

I have recently moved into this 2 BHK apartment and I want to plan audio-video equipments for my L-shaped living+dining. I have attached the layout with the post.

Here are a few details:

Usage: 60% music + 40% movies
TV: I am planning to buy Panasonic X20 42'' Plasma
Budget for HT: 30K

I am open to swapping dining and living in case that helps enhance AV experience.

Soliciting help from all the experts in the field. I specefically need to understand what configuration should I go for and what should be the placement for TV and the speakers

PS: Blue borders = windows/shutters. All the windows/shutters are from fenesta (sound-proof).

Cheers!
CD

Attachments

• 1418.zip
    76.9 KB · Views: 21
Either I am not very good at forum search or I my particular kind of case has not been discussed in recent past.

Hi yourself. Welcome aboard! You appear to be a mix of both; although L shaped rooms were discussed sometime back irrc. Here are few links that might give you few ideas for placements.

Home Theater in Real Life Rooms
Green Mountain Audio - How-to-Place-Speakers
Set up surround sound in different shaped rooms - AVReview Features

Since you mentioned music being more important to you, and do not mind stretching a bit more, why not start with a 2.1 setup like the Diamond 9.1 with SW150 and an entry level Int amp (or AVR if HT plans are in the near future and don't want to spend more) of your choice? Used route is also a good option. Contact hifipal4all/Ramesh from the forum in case you are open to it. He might be able to help you out.

If your absolute max is 30k for HT (and you indeed want to have full 5.1) HTIBs are the way to go.

Cheers.

PS: In-wall speakers might be an other decor friendly option.

hi cd
one way of optimising sound in both living and dining is to switch rooms and put your system against the kitchen wall. it'll also be more central to the room vis a vis being in a corner in the current position.

and if you listen to more music over movies then i would recommend a stereo setup. a pair of book shelves and an amp. agreed you wont get sound coming out of 5 different areas but all that sound will come out of the 2 stereo speakers with MUCH BETTER sound quality than a htib

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back