Help in Building Music based system

sanil472119

Hi all,

I am newbie to the forum. I would like to build a 5.1 H.T system 75 % Music and 25 % Movies. My budjet is 30k Max . Kindly suggest the combos and also suggest where i can audition it in Mumbai???

HI Members,

Pls suggest . i am currently looking at TAGA Harmony TAV-606 V3 it comes in my budget. But do i have to get AV recievers m new in building a good system so pls help guys .

Yes you need an AVR for proper 5.1 setup ..... for 30K I think HTiB will be a better proposition. Something in the lines of Onkyo HTS-3700 or Yamaha YHT-299 ....
Or extend the budget OR build in parts ... like get the above speaker package and later an AVR like DENON x1000 ...

Hi Sanil,

Since you are based in Mumbai, you can go to Reliance Digital / Vijay Sales and other dealers to audition the systems they have....there are many brands and a basic setup will cost from 30k onwards...depends on the dealer and what you want in the AVR and what type of speakers.....

Audition as many systems possible and then shortlist what appeals to you in performance, budget, appearance and features.....

If budget is a real challenge, look at the For Sale by Owner section or Hi Fi Ads...there are members who are selling their well kept systems for reasonable rates...who knows you may get a good system at a steal!

All the best

Yes you need an AVR for proper 5.1 setup ..... for 30K I think HTiB will be a better proposition. Something in the lines of Onkyo HTS-3700 or Yamaha YHT-299 ....
Or extend the budget OR build in parts ... like get the above speaker package and later an AVR like DENON x1000 ...

Yamaha YHT-299 seems in budget will it be good for musics as i want to use it for mainly listening music. I will audition it any way but want to shortlist some good music systems before going to shop.

Hi Guys,

could any one explain the actual difference between Home theatre system and Hi fi system. as i am looking to build mostly a music system will the hifi system will be good 4 me or not currently saw this model Sony MHC-V6D Mini Hi-Fi System could any one explain me the difference with yamaha yht299. sorry for being a noob

Hi Guys,

could any one explain the actual difference between Home theatre system and Hi fi system. as i am looking to build mostly a music system will the hifi system will be good 4 me or not currently saw this model Sony MHC-V6D Mini Hi-Fi System could any one explain me the difference with yamaha yht299. sorry for being a noob
Don't just see things. Listen to believe which suits your needs.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Hi Guys,

HiFi system is basically stereo systems and Home Theater Systems are 5.1/7.1... 7.2 etc etc ..... Music is mostly enjoyed in stereo. Exception maybe if you are more interested in Music Videos, where in 5.1 can be enjoyed. Personally stereo is what I (and most of the others as well) prefer.

Sony MHC looks like a boombox with a built in woofer and satellite speakers all builtin one piece with all bling bling lights and stuff.. lol ..... and I seriously doubt its 1440 RMS ..lol .... Any way yamaha yht299 is a proper HTiB,(Home Theater in a box) with 5.1 surround sound, and will be miles ahead in quality atleast (if not quantity) as compared to Sony ....:)

Last edited:
If you want a system just for your listening pleasure then try Norge integrated amplifier with book shelf speakers it will cost you around 20k.you will have to add a CD/DVD player which too you can get below 10k.the whole system can fit into your budget of 30K

instead of Some cd player or dvd player is it good to buy a roku or media player i will be mostly streaming youtubr videos or directly playing songs from hard disk or internet pls suggest.

Media player will do the job nicely .... for youtube and playing songs any media player will do like WD TV live. Roku is only good for Streaming content like netflix. Its not good in playing content off your HDD, (neither is it intended for). If you want suggestion on any specific model, please share your max budget.

so if i set up a yamaha yht 299 HT box can i connect the media player to the AV reciever yamaha and see the output video on TV or do i need 2 directly connect my Media player to TV

so if i set up a yamaha yht 299 HT box can i connect the media player to the AV reciever yamaha and see the output video on TV or do i need 2 directly connect my Media player to TV

I believe you can. If your media player has Hdmi out, connect that to AVR's HDMI in. Then AVR's HDMI out to TV. The AVR will process sound and pass the video signal to TV. That's how these systems work.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back