Help in choosing compatible Fronts, surround and centre speakers

warewolf4586

Hi

As stated in my another post in Receivers section, I have shortlisted for 3 bookshelf speakers and 2 Centres, and have to choose among them as per their compatibility with each other as well as with the bought receiver.
Shortlisted :
Fronts/Surrounds :
1) Polk Audio Rti A1 (5.25" woofer)
2) Klipsch R-15M (5.25" Woofer)
3) Pioneer BS-22-LR (4" woofer)

Centre :
1) Polk Audio CS10 (5.25" woofers)
2) Pioneer C22 (4" woofers)

Speakers Query (This would also depend on the finalised receiver ):
1) For a cheaper system my preference would be :
Klipsch R-15M (Fronts), Pioneer BS22LR (Surround/Rear), Pioneer C22 (Centre)

1st is that I am not sure if Klipsch and Pioneers do match acoustically.. (if Pioneers will go well with Warm sounding Klipsch or not)
Also, R15M is 5.25", Pioneer's bookshelf and centre are 4".. not sure if this combination works fine. And if it it does keep expansion room open. Are Centre and surround of 4" woofer sufficient ?

2) My choice without thinking of Costing would be
RTi-A1s (Front), R-15M (Surrounds) and CS10 (Centre)

as it makes all of them 5.25inch woofer.
Does that makes sense, and do these Polks go well with Klipsch ?

I am open on keeping any of the combinations, depending on them Blending well.
I hope no one will recommend to buy Rti A3 for Front and keep rtia1 for rear :p, with CS10.. this will not only sky rocket my budget but also as I have to take them outside US, so will go beyond my baggage limit.

Consider also Pioneer AJ Package in your budget.They have very good ratings.
Can not get whole AJ package from US as that would exceed baggage dimensions.
From India...it's very costly I believe..
That said.. Please also recommend best Delhi/NCR outlets for reviewing HT products and best place for buying them.

Hi

Shortlisted :
Fronts/Surrounds :
1) Polk Audio Rti A1 (5.25" woofer)
2) Klipsch R-15M (5.25" Woofer)
3) Pioneer BS-22-LR (4" woofer)

Centre :
1) Polk Audio CS10 (5.25" woofers)
2) Pioneer C22 (4" woofers)

Speakers Query (This would also depend on the finalised receiver ):
1) For a cheaper system my preference would be :
Klipsch R-15M (Fronts), Pioneer BS22LR (Surround/Rear), Pioneer C22 (Centre)

1st is that I am not sure if Klipsch and Pioneers do match acoustically.. (if Pioneers will go well with Warm sounding Klipsch or not)
Also, R15M is 5.25", Pioneer's bookshelf and centre are 4".. not sure if this combination works fine. And if it it does keep expansion room open. Are Centre and surround of 4" woofer sufficient ?

2) My choice without thinking of Costing would be
RTi-A1s (Front), R-15M (Surrounds) and CS10 (Centre)

as it makes all of them 5.25inch woofer.
Does that makes sense, and do these Polks go well with Klipsch ?

I am open on keeping any of the combinations, depending on them Blending well.
I hope no one will recommend to buy Rti A3 for Front and keep rtia1 for rear :p, with CS10.. this will not only sky rocket my budget but also as I have to take them outside US, so will go beyond my baggage limit.

First, why are you comparing speakers based on their driver size? Size does matter, but there are other variables too. That Pioneer AJ with its 4" driver can deliver some serious bass when driven with the right amplifier. What you should be comparing are the impedance values and then sensitivity. This would be just the start, nothing beats a self audition.

Polks are easily available in India, I would suggest looking at other brands not easily available here to get from US, if you have to get from US and not get them locally. Polk, Dali, Kef, Pioneer, Elac are popular speakers brands with Marantz and Denon being favorites for receivers closely followed by Pionner and Yamaha.

MaSh

First, why are you comparing speakers based on their driver size? Size does matter, but there are other variables too. That Pioneer AJ with its 4" driver can deliver some serious bass when driven with the right amplifier. What you should be comparing are the impedance values and then sensitivity. This would be just the start, nothing beats a self audition.

Polks are easily available in India, I would suggest looking at other brands not easily available here to get from US, if you have to get from US and not get them locally. Polk, Dali, Kef, Pioneer, Elac are popular speakers brands with Marantz and Denon being favorites for receivers closely followed by Pionner and Yamaha.

MaSh

I believe Polk's are good one's.
In India these are very costly.. Amazon price more than 30K, and I am getting in $200 (14K).
1st is I am not conversant with any good dealer or store that sells at a very competitive price, say Polk's at 20K can be considered against getting 15K from US.
That being said.. please suggest which brands to look out in a $800 budget when buying rom US.
ELAC B5 are also $199, ELAC B6 $279, KEF Q100 are $299, Dali Zensor 3 is about $350.

Can not get whole AJ package from US as that would exceed baggage dimensions.
From India...it's very costly I believe..
That said.. Please also recommend best Delhi/NCR outlets for reviewing HT products and best place for buying them.

How much it is in US? You have to get it in India at 55k after discount for 5.1 with Authorized Manufacturer Warranty.It is available at Hyderabad you can get the seller details from Pioneer India Website.If you get the imported speakers at 50% discount it is balanced the warranty otherwise it is better to avoid that deals because recently my Polk Sub power board is shut down within 2 days of purchase.now the service center people is asking 7500/- for that.What is the use of buying non authorized stuff?

How much it is in US? You have to get it in India at 55k after discount for 5.1 with Authorized Manufacturer Warranty.It is available at Hyderabad you can get the seller details from Pioneer India Website.If you get the imported speakers at 50% discount it is balanced the warranty otherwise it is better to avoid that deals because recently my Polk Sub power board is shut down within 2 days of purchase.now the service center people is asking 7500/- for that.What is the use of buying non authorized stuff?

Hi
Prices in my 1st post :)

I believe Polk's are good one's.
In India these are very costly.. Amazon price more than 30K, and I am getting in $200 (14K).
1st is I am not conversant with any good dealer or store that sells at a very competitive price, say Polk's at 20K can be considered against getting 15K from US.
That being said.. please suggest which brands to look out in a $800 budget when buying rom US.
ELAC B5 are also $199, ELAC B6 $279, KEF Q100 are $299, Dali Zensor 3 is about $350.

Okay now I understand. I would suggest picking the Best speaker you can in US and carry to India. However, Amp or receiver can be picked in India, just for the warranty and serviceability sake. In case that's not very important to you, you can tuck in an amp in your baggage. Also, do pick a good DAC, interconnects, cables, plugs, etc. while you are at it.

You can also check Klipsch RP-150M and ELAC Uni-fi UB5.

MaSh

i got NHT superzeroes in india.. they are definitely better than RTi A1. i think they retail for about 120$ per speaker. you might give them a thought. They are more nuetral sounding than rti. If you have bright sounding receiver (i got pioneer) rti combination may make it even more bright.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back