Help in finalizing voltage stab

amuthanr

Dear friends,

I am a new user of this forum. I have done a lot of research regarding this topic and found so many threads/discussion regarding voltage stabilizers. Still I am a little confused.

Ok. Here is my setup.

Onkyo S6200 HTIB system. (7.1 channel, 7*135W + 290W sub (active) = 1200W of peak sound output).

Here is power consumption specification.
Receiver - 120V 60Hz 4.9 Amps. (wattage not mentioned)
Sub woofer - 120V 60Hz 163Watts. (Amps not mentioned)

My understanding about power is P = V * A
So the wattage of my receiver is 120 * 4.9 = 588W.
Total power will be 588 (receiver)+ 163 (sub) = 743W.

If the above calculation is right, I believe a 1KVA servo stab is sufficient (even after considering a power factor of 0.75).

But some technical guys say that since its a US model with 120V, the wattage will be at least 1000W for the receiver alone. But I do not believe this. can some one throw some light on this?

The other question I had is, is it safe to use the v-gaurd digi 200 stabilizer for a HT setup? I read a thread regarding this but do not find any conclusion.

Maxine guy is charging 5.6K for 1KVA servo with 220 and 110 output and 7.9K for 2KVA servo stab with just 220 o/p.

Please let me know your recommendations.

Thanks a lot in advance and keep up the good job of sharing knowledge to others.

Cheers,
Amuthan

We have a huge thread on Servo stabs pls do read that. Infact, do ot just go with what you have currently, you dont to be buying stabs with every upgrade. Plan for next 5 yrs and get a stab that fits your power req.

I would suggest a servo at that price. I think Alpha does a free survey for HFV members and suggests the reco configuration. Read the thread on Servo prices

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back