Requesting for your help in setting up my HT

rajivaryan1984

Dear FM's,

I am planning to build a setup which will be used both for Movies and Music. This is how I am planning to setup my system ---

AVR - Marantz Cinema 30
Integrated AMP - Rotel MKII 1592
Power Amp - Audio Control
Speakers - Front - Focal Aria Aria 948
Center - Focal CC900
Sub - Rel
and JBL 1 Pair in the Ceilings for Atmos
SVS -6 Surrounds

My request to the FM's is if you can please take some time and look into the imgaes as well as information shared and help me understand ---

What is the best way to integrate all the of these 3 systems together so that I can make the best use of Cinema 30, Rotel as well as the AudioControl Power AMP ?

Please guide me on the setup and Do we need to make any changes in the rear of the PowerAMP oe please share your recommendations

The purpose is that Rotel will be used for Stereo Listening and shall have the sub woofer connected and for Movies Marantz Cinema 30. Since Marantz Cinema 30 is also know for it's musical tonality, I shall also have the option to use Marantz Cinema 30 for Music Listening also.

Sometimes we have everything in our chain but due to improper knowldge fail to make the best use of our system.

CINEMA30-Black_Image_studio-back-panel-EU.png

1592MKIIback.jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-23 075127.png

@rajivaryan1984 Why use a rotel integrated amplifier when you have added a power amp to the chain. Intended use is to power the fronts with the power amp?

@rwnano Why use AVR for stereo listening?
Hi @Phew the reason to use Integrated amp was purely for Stereo Listening and keeping Stereo Listening and Movie Watching Separate using the same pair of front speakers...Hope that's not a wrong intent :)

For Stereo Listening I beleive AVR might not be the right choice.

Hi @Phew the reason to use Integrated amp was purely for Stereo Listening and keeping Stereo Listening and Movie Watching Separate using the same pair of front speakers...Hope that's not a wrong intent :)

For Stereo Listening I beleive AVR might not be the right choice.
So you will be swapping cables everytime you wish to switch between movies and music if you use marantz+power amp and rotel integrated?

Using the HT bypass(I doubt the rotel model you mentioned has it) between marantz and rotel what use is the other power amplifier then?

Best option will be to connect the marantz+audio control power amp together. Even if you somehow manage to connect the marantz with the rotel, the preamp section of the marantz will still be in use and the rotel will only act as a power amp which may or maynot lead to improvements you are looking for while listening to music.

So you will be swapping cables everytime you wish to switch between movies and music if you use marantz+power amp and rotel integrated?

Using the HT bypass(I doubt the rotel model you mentioned has it) between marantz and rotel what use is the other power amplifier then?

Best option will be to connect the marantz+audio control power amp together. Even if you somehow manage to connect the marantz with the rotel, the preamp section of the marantz will still be in use and the rotel will only act as a power amp which may or maynot lead to improvements you are looking for while listening to music.
No Rotel does have HT BYpass.

No Rotel does have HT BYpass.
Good then you don't need the audio control power amp unless you choose to swap cables everytime between rotel and audio control for music and movies. Do note when using HT bypass the preamp used will be of you AVR and not integrated amplifier. Which begs the question why use and intergrated amplifier when its preamp is not going to be used?

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back