[Help] intermittently sounds stops or getting distorted sound

Carthee

Hello everyone I am not sure this is correct forum to post this, I am using Denon x2300w and Dali 2.0 speakers. Its been good for past 1.5 years, now i am getting distorted sound intermittently while playing any music, movie or videos. Sometimes sound stops for a sec or two and comes back. Sometimes sound only plays on one speaker for 10 sec and comes back on both speakers. I have troubleshooted with below ways, Any experts please help me. Thanks in advance.

Tried factory reset in Denon, restarting TV but nothing helped. I tried to cut both ends of speaker sleeves and rewired it.
Issue persist while using source as TV (connected via HDMI ARC) and PC.
I connected the AVR through Bluetooth with my mobile, Issue still persist.
I connected headphones to the AVR, I can hear the same distorted sound or sometimes no sound comes in the headphones.

You can listen via Headphones jack and see if it distorts too. If headphones are sounding perfect, then loose wires can be causing it
If headphones are bad sounding then neesd servicing.

You can listen via Headphones jack and see if it distorts too. If headphones are sounding perfect, then loose wires can be causing it
If headphones are bad sounding then neesd servicing.
Thanks for the reply. I can hear it in headphones. So sadly it requires servicing it seems

Thanks for the reply. I can hear it in headphones. So sadly it requires servicing it seems
Since the trouble is both in the headphone and the speaker out, most likey some transistor has gone bad. Few months back I had come across some posts that there is an excellent/reliable guy at Royapettah who repairs AVRs. Hope someone from Chennai responds back with the phone number

EDIT:
OK. I managed to locate the post. Here it is https://www.hifivision.com/threads/onkyo-receiver-repair-in-chennai.62753/post-693491

Hi all, Today i have visited the shop i brought the amplifier. Surprisingly the issue not happened there, we spend around 30 mins of testing. Difference between my home and the shop is, there he used his power cable. Also he is suspecting this issue is something to do with earthing. So i came back home, changed the power cable. Denon using 2 pin socket. I changed it to 3 pin power cable. But nothing helped. So i called my electrician to check the earthing. If anyone one have expertise or came across this kind of issue, pls help.

Hi all, Today i have visited the shop i brought the amplifier. Surprisingly the issue not happened there, we spend around 30 mins of testing. Difference between my home and the shop is, there he used his power cable. Also he is suspecting this issue is something to do with earthing. So i came back home, changed the power cable. Denon using 2 pin socket. I changed it to 3 pin power cable. But nothing helped. So i called my electrician to check the earthing. If anyone one have expertise or came across this kind of issue, pls help.
Hi i have oppo bdp player facing same issue .in my bed room it becomes silent for 1-2 secs while playing music both cd and hdd but not when tv is connected to it .
I moved it to ht room where it has seperate MCB line it works perfectly no issues even after playing for hours together .i don't know what's the problem.

Did you try it on another room that is not on the same power line?

MaSh

Can you check the voltage at the point where you are connecting your AMP? Also I hope the output is not from some UPS or inverter. A fault in the UPS/inverter board can result in a horrible waveform of the AC output. Also, preferably connect your amp to the socket with almost nothing else (tv, etc) connected/switched on. Sometime fault in the TV board can result in lot of noise getting injected in the power line. Eliminate all possible things that can be creating the noise. The other thing is disconnect the HDMI cable too to eliminate TV generated noise getting fed to your AMP. Connect the AMP exactly like what was done in the shop. Use the audio out of your mobile phone to feed audio to one of the RCA inputs (you will probably require a 3.5mm to RCA cable).

Last edited:
Can you check the voltage at the point where you are connecting your AMP? Also I hope the output is not from some UPS or inverter. A fault in the UPS/inverter board can result in a horrible waveform of the AC output. Also, preferably connect your amp to the socket with almost nothing else (tv, etc) connected/switched on. Sometime fault in the TV board can result in lot of noise getting injected in the power line. Eleminate all possible things that can be creating the noise. The other thing is disconnect the HDMI cable too to elminate TV generated noise getting fed to your AMP. Connect the AMP exactly like what was done in the shop. Use the audio out of your mobile phone to feed audio to one of the RCA inputs (you will probably require a 3.5mm to RCA cable).
Thanks. Yes i am using home inverter. Let me test in the socket where no inverter connection

Hi All, just to give an update on this. I tried connecting AVR to the socket where there is no inverter connection. It issue persists. I called the person to whom I brought the AVR. He came and checked. He feels it might be the issue of "Dry soldering". Since the issue did not come when we checked in his shop, he said let's let it run there for one day and see. So Amp went to his shop now. Will update you further.

So fiasco is still going on. To continue from last post, issue also came this time in the shop. So he suggested one service shop. There service person checked for couple of days and said he changed IC related to volume. He confirmed it fixed now. We came back, tested in our home. It worked for 45 mins, then the issue came back. Now, i gave it back to him. Any one have any thoughts please share.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back