Help:Kodi

ISO

I stream video from my MacBook to Kodi (on fire-stick) using media server. Video quality is excellent without any lag but no FF or REV control on the video being played on kodi. How to enable them?

Is it possible to stream video on VLC player installed on fire-stick?

i am using a pc (windows) and streaming movies to the fire stick. I get all controls no issues. Extremely smooth playback and surround sound :)

i am using a pc (windows) and streaming movies to the fire stick. I get all controls no issues. Extremely smooth playback and surround sound :)

Thanks for the reply.
What is Kodi version and build/skin on firestick?

Last edited:
Additional information. I tried installing Avon skin. It is all the functions of video playback are now on OSD but firestick remote is not supported. I mean by pressing FF button remote do not fast forward video. Also manually selecting FF on OSD and selecting do not activate FF video.

Any help appreciated.

Additional information. I tried installing Avon skin. It is all the functions of video playback are now on OSD but firestick remote is not supported. I mean by pressing FF button remote do not fast forward video. Also manually selecting FF on OSD and selecting do not activate FF video.

Any help appreciated.

Can you try installing Aeon Nox: SiLVO? It is very good and has friendly controls including FF & REW for watching movies.

Thanks for the reply.
What is Kodi version and build/skin on firestick?
I have installed the latest version i.e. leia 18.6 on the firetv stick 4k with the default skin and it works flawlessly over the network (wireless) while streaming local movies on the laptop. I have streamed 1080p and 4k content to check plays flawlessly. I have a 5.1 setup and surround sound playes fine.

I have installed the latest version i.e. leia 18.6 on the firetv stick 4k with the default skin and it works flawlessly over the network (wireless) while streaming local movies on the laptop. I have streamed 1080p and 4k content to check plays flawlessly. I have a 5.1 setup and surround sound playes fine.
Thanks again.
I have same setup and version of Kodi and Firestick.

how do you fast forward/reverse or random seek video? Default skin don’t have any Controls except STOP video control.

I stream video from my MacBook to Kodi (on fire-stick) using media server. Video quality is excellent without any lag but no FF or REV control on the video being played on kodi. How to enable them?

Is it possible to stream video on VLC player installed on fire-stick?

If you intend to store a video stored on Mac to FTV then better to resort to screen casting than via Kodi and control from Mac since the Mac is not headless after all. But yes while you are on Kodi on FTV try pressing the left and right edge of the round button on the FTV remote to see of the FWS / REW is happening as expected. I gave up using Kodi on FTV (I do not have the 4K version) and continue preferring PC for Kodi since the later due to better processing power has a more responsive Kodi UI and can also support HD Audio (DTS HD MA or Dolby TruHD). I still have not ventured into Atmos.

But yes while you are on Kodi on FTV try pressing the left and right edge of the round button on the FTV remote to see of the FWS / REW is happening as expected.

This is what is not happening on Kodi on FTV 4K. Otherwise video play extremely well. I have 10m HDMI cable to connect MacBook directly to HT but since wireless streaming work OK with Kodi no need of wire but video controls are not working is bummer.

I read there are dedicated remotes for Kodi on iOS but don't know how to use them.

This is what is not happening on Kodi on FTV 4K.

I read there are dedicated remotes for Kodi on iOS but don't know how to use them.

Seems this is an issue with keycode remapping in v18 and results in v18 not being able to trap all keycode triggers from OS level. Apparently v17 does not have this problem. Would it be possible for you to check on v17

Otherwise try out vlc for fire tv stick, it does offer playback from network location.

You can try using plex as well.
Today I tried VLC. So easy to get stream from local servers. Downside is it do not pass through multi-channel audio but Kodi do that perfectly.

I tried plex also. I suspect, it uses data even for streaming local content. I may be wrong here.

Today I tried VLC. So easy to get stream from local servers. Downside is it do not pass through multi-channel audio but Kodi do that perfectly.

I tried plex also. I suspect, it uses data even for streaming local content. I may be wrong here.
VLC has passthrough option. You just need to enable it. I have used vlc many times in the past with atmos & dts hd ma. It does the passthrough job perfectly.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back