Help me buy an AVR for Mirage Os3

sachmm

Dear Experts,

I am new to the forum and happy to be around so many knowledgeable people. I am looking for some help from this forum.

Today I purchased a set of 5.1 Mirage OS3 speakers from a friend. The sub is a 300watt Mirage Prestige S10 and the rest all are OS3. Actually, initially I had started with only 50k budget for the whole HT setup but I got so tempted looking at these speakers that I have already crossed way over it and some more.:p

Now I am looking for a AVR to couple with these speakers. I had a look at the yamaha HTR 3064 for 20k, which I felt was not bad( have not auditioned though). Please guide me selecting an AVR. My budget is 25k max.(hoping this time at least I will stick to it):eek:

My usage will be 60:40 for Movies and Music respectively. Also tell me your opinion or experience with Mirage speakers, would love to hear them.

Regards,
Sachin

I replied in the other area you posted this.....
anyway atleast 30k is needed for denon 1612....
at 20k its difficult.used avr can be bought....
check avr power handling capacity to be enough to drive the speakers....
this yamaha 3064 is powerfull enough??...what the shop guys saying.
carry the centre channel and audition avrs....denon/marantz/onkyo/yamaha...
for a 50:50 movie music set up denon is great....

Hi,
Yes I posted this here bcos I thought this wd be the appropriate segment of the forum and also to reach out to a larger audience.

Yes, as suggested I will check out Denon 1612 if I get the opportunity. Yes I think I can go up a little in my budget if need be. The Yamaha 3064 is 80w/channel X 5. So I thought it should be sufficient. The guy at Reliance Digital didn't know much to give any advise. Here is a review of it, not very impressive though...

Yamaha RX-V371 review - Surround Sound System - Trusted Reviews

I think I will visit ProFX for the Denon 1612 for the audition. A
Will keep you posted.

Thanks.

Hello Prosenjit,

I purchased the Denon 1612 yesterday evening! I bought it from ProFX. Got it for Rs 25,400 as a discounted price, I think its priced at 29,900. Wanted to buy the next model 1912 but I thought the 9k difference was too much over my budget.
On the way back home I got some 20 mts of wire. Its just a local electric wire, but I made sure it is thick enough. I have asked my friend who's returning from US in December2012 to get me some 14 AWG wire. Till then I will have to manage with the local electric wire. Hope this should not be a problem, please let me know.

For now I have just connected the front and the center speakers. I want to connect the sub and the side speakers today. I am not sure how to connect the SUB. Some pointers on this too would be great. I have this sub, Mirage : Subwoofers : Prestige S10

I played a bluray movie on my PS3 connected to the AVR. I felt that the sound I was getting was a somewhat less than my expectation. The sales person in ProFX said that I wd never have to go beyond 40% but even at 80-90% I thought the sound was not up to expectation. Any idea why this could be happening?

Regards,
Sachin

use the sub pre out from denon to line in of the subwoofer......thats a 800 usd sub..oh man... shoud sound great...

dont use the speaker level in.....

denon sub pre out to subwooefer line in..any RCA cable will do...later buy quality ones.

about other speaker sound...calibrate all things manualy by denon remote,run auddsuy.

did you play original br disk...ps3 to denon by hdmi cable??denon showing dts logo??

I suggested you to carry the centre channel and demo....didnt you demo??

Hi Prosenjit,

Thanks for your inputs. Yes, I have already connected it the way you have suggested, but I still felt the sound from the sub was too less. I have turned the volume knob on the sub all the way to max....but still the volume was less. Then I came to know about channel select(or set, I don't remember for sure) button where you can set the volume of each of the speakers separately. It was at -12db initially and now I went up to +1 and now the real rumbling has started! It shakes the whole house now!:clapping:

I have done the audessy settings for the speakers, they are fine. But I have to go all the way to 70% to get decent amount to volume. Is this fine? My room is 11X18 ft.

I have connected all devices through HDMI only. Also I have played original BR through PS3 but I didn't pay attention to the DTS logo as you have said. Will check it today.

One more thing I wanted to ask was, I play movies which are in my external hard drive/pen drives by directly connecting them to the LG 3d tv. But the TV does not have a HDMI out and I cant hear them on the speakers. But there is an optical audio out on the TV which I can probably give input to the AVR? Is this the best way? Please suggest.

I did carry the center speaker to ProFX before the purchase but somehow did not take an audition by connecting to 1612 because they did not have a 1612 for auditioning purpose. Simply bought it based on the reviews and reading that it has 110 watts per channel and is compatible with 3d tv.

Regards,
Sachin

yes from TV its best way to use optical out of TV into Optical in of denon.
can use the RCA out/headphone out into RCA in of denon ALSO.

dont worry.your speakers and avr both are good.for powerful effect I think some tweak/calibration is being missed....by the way the speajers are 6 or 8 ohms??

with original DD signal I get powerfull effect in 50% in my inexpensive onkyo 3400 htib...also sound power is very personal...my high can be your loud or very low....

did you calibrate all setting like speaker distance,db setting for each speaker...

someone who is using 1612 can help very much.....ask in the forum many members will help.anyway congrats on your buy.

for DTS logo you have bitstream ypur source in the player whether a ps3 or a blu ray player or a dvd player...do ps3 has the option??
bitstream means=dont decode the sound and send it as raw to avr.the avr will decode it and show logo......

Hi Prosenjit,

I checked whether the PS3 can bitstream or not and it was there in the audio/video settings. So finally I could see the DTS logo in the 1612 :)

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back