Help me choose a 40/42" TV

One correction. The name of the showroom is spelled as "Xcite" not "Excite".
Here is the URL:

I will try to check the stickers at the back of the TV, though it might be difficult as the TV is wall mounted.
I am kind of hoping that Samsung is using better sourcing of panels for bigger TVs. Like Denon makes the higher end receivers in Japan. I have the AVR 2809 which is made in Japan, while the lower end ones are manufactured in Asia.

Thanks,
Sharad

Last edited:
Hey, I meant to say that the model in India is LA not LN.
My friend bought Samsung LA40A550P1 for 56K while I bought Samsung LA46A550P1 for 76K.

Sorry for the confusion I created.

Thanks,
Sharad

Hi Srivasthava,

I too live in bangalore and am lokking out for Panasonic-TH-42PV8H or panny LCD VIERA TX-32LE8 or VIERA TX-32LX800. Could you please let me know the best price from those guys so that we can have a good bargain.

Regards
Ashwin

Hey, I meant to say that the model in India is LA not LN.
My friend bought Samsung LA40A550P1 for 56K while I bought Samsung LA46A550P1 for 76K.

Sorry for the confusion I created.

Thanks,
Sharad

Hi Sharad,

Where did you buy LA40A550P1 for 56K in Bangalore. I am also considering this model but have got best offers of 59k at Croma and Ezone ?

thanks

Sundeep

Bought PV8 today (45.5K @ Reliance Digital). Got a couple of freebies (HDMI cable & some junk 10 DVDs Bollywood pack). I saw 50" Panny PV80 as well. I was kind of tempted to buy that (95K); but thought may not be good for viewing at 10 feet (power consumption too appears to be 500W max).

Delivery will happen on coming Tuesday/Wednesday.

Thanks guys,

I have been hunting for televisions (LCD ) for quite some time now. During this time I have got some real good price offers for various FULL HD LCDs.
They are as follows
1) SAM LN40A550 57500/-
2) Sony KLV 40S400 63500/-
3) Philips 42PLF5403 59000/-
4) LG Jazz - 42 in 80FR - 60000/-

With all these price quotes I am kind of confused which model to go for. Please suggest.
Also I was planning to buy the Philips 4750 Home theater system but have been explained that these have been phased out. Philips has come out with another version Philips HTS 3568 for which I have been quoted a price of 17500/-
How good is the Philips HTS 3568.

My requirement is for watching cable and movies .. PC connectivity can also be an advantage .. but as I understand none of these televisions have that feature with HDMI connectivity. (ONLY VGA connectivity ) ...

Thanks in Advance.!!:)

Hi Srivatsa,

Can you tell me where you got the offer for LG Jazz - 42 in 80FR - 60000/- as I am interested to buy a similar LCD TV.

Thanks

Sundeep Gupta

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back