Help me find a dedicated MM phono preamp and Improve my Basic TT system

Well can't find the Mani for sale anywhere online.:(

Besides a dedicated phono pre, Does an amplifier like the Marantz PM5005 help the audio chain in anyway?

Well can't find the Mani for sale anywhere online.:(

Besides a dedicated phono pre, Does an amplifier like the Marantz PM5005 help the audio chain in anyway?
Your speaker is an active one so better not go down that Rabbit hole !
Look out for a good phono and put it in the wanted forum here ..maybe someone will have one.

Your speaker is an active one so better not go down that Rabbit hole !
Look out for a good phono and put it in the wanted forum here ..maybe someone will have one.
That's some "sound" advice . Thanks.

Any experience with OM20 upgrade?

:) Get a good phono first thats the heart of the analogue setup and then you can think of an upgrade to the cart. the nagaoka carts are also supposed to be really good.

For Cartridges, most popular cartridges can be found on You tube. pop in a good pair of headphones and get a feel if it is good

eg

I missed answering your query on the Marantz PM5005. It has a very basic phonostage which is adequate for general use. Given your aspirations, that may not be the right route. An then, there's the additional headache of changing your speakers too, if you want to leverage the entire amp's circuitry

I missed answering your query on the Marantz PM5005. It has a very basic phonostage which is adequate for general use. Given your aspirations, that may not be the right route. An then, there's the additional headache of changing your speakers too, if you want to leverage the entire amp's circuitry
Thanks for returning to reply @reubensm

I've abandoned the pursuit of amplifier .

I'm aggressively searching for the elusive Schiit which seems to be unavailable anywhere.

I've hunted down a Graham Slee Communicator though. Wondering how it stacks against the Mani. The YouTube review linked above practically destroys the gram Slee and hails the Schiit as the gospel truth.

It's really frustrating what 15 k can get you, rather not get you, in india for a MM phonostage

Virens Lyrita Phono is also really good. in the past it used to have random hum issues , but that seems to be fixed

Also try upgrading your cartridge with something like Nagaoka MP110, they will sound good with Schiit Mani MM PS.
Also if you can DIY, CNC Phono stage sounds very good, I have used them for a couple of years, you will have the choice of rolling OPAMps in them , they sound very good with LM49990 opamps.
Instead of Marantz PM 5005 you can try PM 6006, and lately i think their latest 6007 is also to be released in Sept.
However your speakers are powered, you may have to add a passive bookshelves at a later date.

Well with the nagaoka I need to balance the tonearm again. I was preferring the OM20 stylus for the slide out and slide in covenience among OM cart bodies.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back