Help me find the best ht solution

aludum

I have a small room, and I bought a 4k tv (lg 49ub850t). Now I want great sound experience along with it. Recommend me a sound system keeping in mind that my room size is very small. it is 12*14 ft room in which i have a 6*7bed and the remaining 13*6 ft area is left for ht setup. the ceiling height is approx 12ft. Attached a rough diagram of my room

Room will become clumsy if I will place floor-standing speakers but if it produce better quality sound than others, then I may deal with it. I am only concerned about sound quality in movies and music.

Actually I am 22 years guy and I can't walk well, you can say partly paralyzed after a surgery. So, I can't visit the stores and audition different speakers. One of my friend suggested Bose Cinemate 520 -INR 1,37,000.
I researched over internet and found that Pioneer Andrew Jones Speaker Package - INR 53,000 is a great budget speaker.

And here are the following speakers suggestion from a store, PRO FX which they mailed me of-course:
1.1. Receiver : Denon AVR X1100W - Rs.50,000

2.Speakers:
Polk Rti A1 + CSI A6 - INR 49,000

Which speakers do you suggest for my home theatre?

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 145
No worries... Hope you recover soon:thumbsup:

I would suggest use the wall opposite to your bed for the TV & the AVR...

Nothing Wrong with Andrew Jones speakers... With very less space, the speakers might feel cramped....

Choose Satellite based speaker system for your HT if movies are your priority...

No worries... Hope you recover soon:thumbsup:

I would suggest use the wall opposite to your bed for the TV & the AVR...

Nothing Wrong with Andrew Jones speakers... With very less space, the speakers might feel cramped....

Choose Satellite based speaker system for your HT if movies are your priority...

Thank you, I appreciate your concern.

the speakers might feel cramped. However, will there be any sound quality drop because of less space?

How are the pioneers compared to polk rti bookshelves?

I am currently using the same setup as being planned by you. Polk tends to be more loud due to the high sensitivity in comparison to the AJs.

I have a polk CS20 but the dialogue sounds muddy when paired with the x1100w while its crisp and clear with the Pioneer AJ C22.

I auditioned a lot of speakers before finalizing the Pioneer AJs, the best speakers I heard were Energy CC10 and CB10 but they were out of my budget at that time.

If you go with Pioneer AJs, go for the Floorstanders, the bookshelves are rated at 85 db sensitivity, you wont get very loud with the x1100w.

Thank you, I appreciate your concern.

the speakers might feel cramped. However, will there be any sound quality drop because of less space?

How are the pioneers compared to polk rti bookshelves?

Not exactly sound quality issues, but may not perform to their optimal level...

Pioneer AJ's are budget ones, where as Rti series are midrange from Polk..

I am currently using the same setup as being planned by you. Polk tends to be more loud due to the high sensitivity in comparison to the AJs.

I have a polk CS20 but the dialogue sounds muddy when paired with the x1100w while its crisp and clear with the Pioneer AJ C22.

I auditioned a lot of speakers before finalizing the Pioneer AJs, the best speakers I heard were Energy CC10 and CB10 but they were out of my budget at that time.

If you go with Pioneer AJs, go for the Floorstanders, the bookshelves are rated at 85 db sensitivity, you wont get very loud with the x1100w.
But, I want to go with Csi A4 or A6 not cs20 so, do you think there will be problem like sound muddiness?

Loudness is the only difference between pioneer and polk, or is there any sound quality difference? Which speaker sounds better to your ear?

If I go with Pioneer AJs, do you recommend more powerful receiver? How is your receiver performing alongwith the spekers?

Last edited:
But, I want to go with Csi A4 or A6 not cs20 so, do you think there will be problem like sound muddiness?

Loudness is the only difference between pioneer and polk, or is there any sound quality difference? Which speaker sounds better to your ear?

If I go with Pioneer AJs, do you recommend more powerful receiver? How is your receiver performing alongwith the spekers?

If your wishlist is more of movies then don't look beyond anything other than polk. I have 14*16 living room, i'm using polk tsx 330 FS and tsx150c ,it is very good for movies, and ok for music too.I'm using it for more 1.5 yrs now.Pioneers are good for music, for movies imo it wont be too gud.If you have equal pref for both movies and music go for dalizensor 3 series and dali vokal.Many like them.

ONLY 'wall-mounted' satellite speakers for your room after looking at the placements!

Also, you do not require a very powerful AVR. Lower, basic versions of Yamaha, Denon, Marantz or Pioneer would do fine. And finally, what is your budget for the AVR and speakers?

If its only satellites and primarily for TV and movies then I'd highly recommend Onkyo HT-S5700 or Onkyo HT-S7705, especially the latter since you have a 4K TV.

ONLY 'wall-mounted' satellite speakers for your room after looking at the placements!

Also, you do not require a very powerful AVR. Lower, basic versions of Yamaha, Denon, Marantz or Pioneer would do fine. And finally, what is your budget for the AVR and speakers?

The budget is INR 1,20,000. My first preference was Pioneer AJ and Polk speakers but do you think they will not fit in my room or the sound quality will drop.

The budget is INR 1,20,000. My first preference was Pioneer AJ and Polk speakers but do you think they will not fit in my room or the sound quality will drop.

First of all.....Get well soon...

I also agree with "ghatgepatil". "ONLY 'wall-mounted' satellite speakers for your room". After seeing the diagram floorstandings will be an overkill for your room if your priority is movie. Also you need to place them correctly to enjoy it's full potential. Try to squeeze your budget as much as possible from the front speaker, surround speaker, avr and invest it in sub. You will never repent. BTW where do live in Kolkata?

^^ Very true!

Instead of just following what all of us are parroting here, show some gusto and try doing this a bit differently ... yes, suggest you first get a bit better first.

Buy 4 nos. or 2 pairs of JBL Control 1 speakers, and also procure the JBL Control Now centre. The centre to be placed below the TV and earmark 4 spots near the 4 corners for the other JBL speakers. These speakers are easily direction-adjustable, AND front-ported. Opt for a high-end sub ... SVS or Velodyne or Rel.

You won't need to change this for half-a-decade at least!

Polk sounds sweeter and more open than AJ but dialogue clarity is far better in the AJs when compared to Polk. My current setup (Denon x1100w + Pioneer AJs) is one of the best setups I have heard in terms of dialogue clarity and in the same price bracket.

In my opinion Polks are better for music and AJs are better for movies.

First of all.....Get well soon...

I also agree with "ghatgepatil". "ONLY 'wall-mounted' satellite speakers for your room". After seeing the diagram floorstandings will be an overkill for your room if your priority is movie. Also you need to place them correctly to enjoy it's full potential. Try to squeeze your budget as much as possible from the front speaker, surround speaker, avr and invest it in sub. You will never repent. BTW where do live in Kolkata?
I have no idea about speakers, can you tell me the difference between satellites and bookshelves? Because I was considering bookshelves from polk or pioneer.

I have also finalized SVS PB-1000 subwoofer that you already have. Is your sub working fine? Is there any dealer of SVS in kolkata? I live in baguiati, kolkata. Where do you live in kolkata?

I have no idea about speakers, can you tell me the difference between satellites and bookshelves? Because I was considering bookshelves from polk or pioneer.

I have also finalized SVS PB-1000 subwoofer that you already have. Is your sub working fine? Is there any dealer of SVS in kolkata? I live in baguiati, kolkata. Where do you live in kolkata?

Here is the link for satellite vs bs
http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/32283-difference-between-bookshelves-satellite-speakers.html

Basically Bose speakers are of satellite.

Go with SVS Sub, it's awesome. It's available at Harmonie Audio in Alipore.

Harmonie Audio in Opposite Chirantani Club , Kolkata | Amplifier Dealers | Justdial

You can also look into Cambridge Audio Minx as satellite or Cambridge audio S30 as BS. I am using S30 as surround speaker.

I live in Baranagar.

http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/32283-difference-between-bookshelves-satellite-speakers.html

I want to buy bookshelves because they will produce fuller sound. What do you think about pioneer aj bookshelves or polk bs and denon x1100w receiver? Decided pioneer, polk because of reviews.

At the same price, I can also buy onkyo nr636 which has dolby atmos, hdcp 2.2 for future. Howz your denon receiver performing? Which is better? Denon or onkyo or yamaha

Have you bought the sub from the same shop that you mentioned? At what price did you bought it?
Do they provide valid warranty? I am asking this since many brands will not provide support if we buy it from unauthorized seller. This happened to one of my product, jbl flip 2.

I want to buy bookshelves because they will produce fuller sound. What do you think about pioneer aj bookshelves or polk bs and denon x1100w receiver? Decided pioneer, polk because of reviews.

At the same price, I can also buy onkyo nr636 which has dolby atmos, hdcp 2.2 for future. Howz your denon receiver performing? Which is better? Denon or onkyo or yamaha

Have you bought the sub from the same shop that you mentioned? At what price did you bought it?
Do they provide valid warranty? I am asking this since many brands will not provide support if we buy it from unauthorized seller. This happened to one of my product, jbl flip 2.

I haven't audition pioneer BS, but polk is good for movie. Still you won't need BS if your choice movie only.

I havn't heard onkyonr636. But X2000 is really good. And below is the link for the dolby atmos technology What is Dolby Atmos For Home Theater? | Audioholics
It is always good to be future proof. But I am little doubtful about Dolby Atmos. Here is how the speakers works for Dolby Atmos.
Dolby Atmos enabled speakers: Get the facts - Dolby - Lab Notes

So the price will go up, up and up....
According to the person, the answer is yes. Also the person in the Harmonie Audio is very very friendly. Please do call him before you make any purchase and state your budget, he may have a better solution for you....

I haven't audition pioneer BS, but polk is good for movie. Still you won't need BS if your choice movie only.

I havn't heard onkyonr636. But X2000 is really good. And below is the link for the dolby atmos technology What is Dolby Atmos For Home Theater? | Audioholics
It is always good to be future proof. But I am little doubtful about Dolby Atmos. Here is how the speakers works for Dolby Atmos.
Dolby Atmos enabled speakers: Get the facts - Dolby - Lab Notes

So the price will go up, up and up....

According to the person, the answer is yes. Also the person in the Harmonie Audio is very very friendly. Please do call him before you make any purchase and state your budget, he may have a better solution for you....
Finalized these following, going to buy next month:
1.SUBWOOFER: SVS PB-1000
2. AV Receiver: Denon x-1100w
3.Speakers: Polk Rti A1, Polk Csi A6

now i want suggestions for rear speakers. The speakers need to be small and the budget is around $300 Please give suggestions.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back