Help me for bluray from usa

drkavint

I in hurry asked my friend in usa to buy sony 5200 bluray player for me.. It costs me 8,009 rupees...he has already bought for me, i cannot refuse now . Will be getting next week.. Iam finger crossed and tensed... Please help me..

1. how much 220 to 110 v adapter to buy.. Is 50w is enough or require more...
Buy Voltage Converter 220v 240v Ac To 110v 120v Ac 50w Online | Best Prices in India: Rediff Shopping
I have ordered this ..will it be okay.? Or buy some special?

2.. I own plasma 51d5500 samsung tv.. I got most of bluray disc region a,b,c.. But will connecting bluray to my tv will be problem.? I seen connectivity issue of indian dth to usa imported tv.. Will i face any 1080p50/60 issue

Please help me and advice me any precautions to take before connecting bluray to tv... Thanks in advance..

Last edited:
a 50w converter should do as long as its a good quality one. best is to check the product wattage which will be at the back of the product. in case wattage isnt specified, amperes will be. multiply amps with voltage (which should be 110 in your case) and you will get wattage. in case milliamps is specified then multiply milliamps with 110 v and divide by 1000

Will there be issues with 1080p 50 and 60 with tv...can I upscale my videos to watch in my tv or color issues of ntsc pal will occur.....

hi drkavint

I don't think there would be any major upscaling issues considering that your player would be region free or region A predominantly. You have BD of A, B and C. My guess is that region A and C would play well. You may face some challenges with B.

Anyways, there is always some workaround in place to sort this out (Firmware update). Once you get the player, after putting the voltage converter in place, hook it up to the TV like a normal player and ensure you do the initial setup carefully. More or less, everything would fall into place.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back