Help me for upgrade

Affordable Multibit has always been an audio lovers dream and has been made possible just very recently by Modi Multibit. Don't miss this chance.
Also I heard someone here say that it costs $300 shipped. Thats just like Rs 5000 more than your budget.
Consider seriously. :)
Im about to buy it too!

Affordable Multibit has always been an audio lovers dream and has been made possible just very recently by Modi Multibit. Don't miss this chance.
Also I heard someone here say that it costs $300 shipped. Thats just like Rs 5000 more than your budget.
Consider seriously. :)
Im about to buy it too!

Hi Humblebee - Did you get the schiit modi multibit? If yes, how is your experience?

I am planning to get one of the schiit modis and contemplating between Modi 2 Uber and Modi Multibit. Not sure if anyone had a chance to compare these two. Wondering if that additional $100 would make a significant different.

Thanks
Pramod

One more ques - For Schiit products, for 230V there are three plug options - UK, Euro and Australian. Which one of these would work for India? My surge protector accepts US plugs but the Schiit Modi US plug version is 115V so can't go with that. Thanks!

One more ques - For Schiit products, for 230V there are three plug options - UK, Euro and Australian. Which one of these would work for India? My surge protector accepts US plugs but the Schiit Modi US plug version is 115V so can't go with that. Thanks!

The selection for plug and voltage seems to be independent of each other and you can have a US plug with 230V.

Opt for the 230V Europlug. You won't need any adapter for that.
One small query, Ordering with Headphone zone is better or ordering directly from Schiit USA? Who'll handle Warranty issues and returns in case of ordering from US website?

Also there's cheapest multibit DAC, Modi 2 uber multibit DAC which is not available with headphone zone ; which is only 5k costlier. Is Ordering it from USA makes sense, since its unavailable with the country dealer ?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

One small query, Ordering with Headphone zone is better or ordering directly from Schiit USA? Who'll handle Warranty issues and returns in case of ordering from US website?

Also there's cheapest multibit DAC, Modi 2 uber multibit DAC which is not available with headphone zone ; which is only 5k costlier. Is Ordering it from USA makes sense, since its unavailable with the country dealer ?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

No issues in ordering directly from USA. I'd recommend - go for the most expensive multibit version in your budget.

Pros of Headphonezone - you will get the item way sooner than schiit site itself. If bought off schiit site - You might (or may not) have to pay customs duty once the package reaches India.

Schiit values their customers. Other FMs who bought from them may enlighten you on this. I know on one occasion where Schiit refunded to and fro shipping charges for a faulty item exchange from India. I guess it happened with FM Srisaikat (not sure though).

If you go for group buy, the shipping charges per item will be reduced to a large extent.

Last edited:
So let me get this straight - since I'm comparatively new to this :
i. I can hook it up with my FiiO X1 with the X1 acting as transport via line out .

i. No u can't, Modi only accept digital input.

Hi,
A small clarification on this point. I am not sure about the line out on your FiiO X1, but my FiiO X3 Gen2 has a line out which can put digital out. The line out can be set (thought the settings option in the menu) to either analogue or digital out. When it is set to digital, you can use the SPIDIF cable provided with the FiiO to get a digital signal out - essentially using the FiiO as a transport.

This is how it works for the FiiO X3 - not sure if X1 has the same feature. Might be worth exploring the settings menu to find out.

Best,
APK

I only pre-ordered, I haven't got the item yet and not sure when I'll get it. But I think Headphonezone will handle the service part if anything is faulty, I'm not sure though. I'll shoot them a mail and will confirm once they reply.

I got their reply, very prompt reply within 10-15 mins.

With regard to the warranty of Schiit products bought from us, you will have to contact us. So if you face any issues please let us know.
Do let us know if we can assist you in any other way.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back