Help me on deciding AVR and 5.1 speakers

solairajesh

Hi All,

I planned to set up a home theater in my room of size 17*13. I need the AVR/Speakers(5.1) which can satisfy 50/50 for music and cinema. My budget is 80K. Now I am totally confused with AVR and speakers choice.

My speakers choice are "Paradigm cinema 100 CT" and "Wharfedale DX1". I have seen the demo for "Paradigm cinema 100 CT" and I am really impressed with it. But I can see lots of positive feedback on "Wharfedale DX1" and I couldn't get demo for that :sad:. I need your feed back to choose any one of this.

Coming to AVR my choice is Denon X500/X1000. I really love Denon rather anything. But many confusions here... Will this suite the above speakers? or do they need more powerful AVR? Also I am getting many negative feedback on X series of Denon regarding service/complaints(this advice is from some dealers). Also I am not very keen about network features in AVR. Now skipping Network features and going with X500(Not having USB :sad:) will have any significant quality difference over X1000? Anybody using X500/X1000 please advice.

Another choice for AVR is Yamaha RX-V375 which have very positive feedback and having USB as well. I have demo for this but with yamaha 5.1 speakers(YHT299) and that was really bad. How yamaha V375 perform with any of my above speakers? Anybody who using this please advice.

I am totally confused now. Please help me with your suggestion on both AVR and 5.1 speakers.

Thanks,
Solai Rajesh

Coming to AVR my choice is Denon X500/X1000. I really love Denon rather anything. But many confusions here... Will this suite the above speakers? or do they need more powerful AVR? Also I am getting many negative feedback on X series of Denon regarding service/complaints(this advice is from some dealers). Also I am not very keen about network features in AVR. Now skipping Network features and going with X500(Not having USB :sad:) will have any significant quality difference over X1000? Anybody using X500/X1000 please advice.

I have the X1000 paired with Wharfs (Diamond 121) and I'm very happy with it. I picked X1000 over X500 mainly for the network and the audyssey multEQ XT. X500 doesn't have them. I use the the network feature a lot (internet radio, airplay). I just find it convenient to play music from my phone or notebook over AirPlay. You can decide if that matters to you. Similarly, some people like Audyssey, some don't. I like it. You should audition and see for yourself if you like it too. At your place, if possible.

Hi...having the budget of 80k very well u should go for X1000..u should definitely try for a demo..Being at Chennai u can contact PROFX - Chennai (Profx - Advanced Audio Solutions) for the appointment and can have a demo...
Check with Profx whether thay have the above speaker setup...otherwise their main dealing on KEF & Polk audio speakers.
Otherwise Check this at Reliance digital for options.

For X500 ,denon itself is having a complete package (AVR+Speaker package) ..
However u can check the options their at PROFX..

Thanks Raghu/Ranjith for your reply. Both are advising for X1000 but is there any big difference between X500 and X1000 excluding network features? Also one of the dealer where I went for audition told that X500 cannot power either up Wharf DX1 or Paradigm 100 CT. Do you have any idea on this? And can you comment on yamaha RX-V375?

Hi,

You can also Check Marantz receivers. They are very good for both music and movies. Marantz and Denon are brands of D&M holdings. In my opinion Marantz is slightly better than Denon. For Speaker you can also check Boston Acoustics which again is owned by D&M holdings. So it should pair well with Denon as well as Marantz.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back