help me to choose himedia 900b Vs xtreamer prodigy

i wanna buy 3D full HD media player.after a long search,i pick
1-himedia 900b-Rs,11,500 at denta,bangalore
2-xtreamer prodigy-Rs,20,000 at city center,chennai
both r fullHD 3D media player, Realtek 1186 and 512M DDR3,HDMI 1.4,USB3,plays bd iso,7.1 HD Audio Pass-through.

i can search thoroughly,himedia 900b have some problems with hard drives, does not recognize mkv with 3D FULL SBS and not all the reconococe 3d full iso, only the 1.0 profile.but ,it have integrated web browser support adobe flash,HTML5.
prodigy little more expensive.but its have realD.what is realD?

prodigy just arrived in market.there is no user opion about that product.
which player support full HD

Last edited:
The only advantage of the prodigy over the himedia is future android support, which i dont think is worth the 8.5k premium. On the other hand, xtreamer as a brand has been very reliable in the past with regular software updates etc. I believe seeing your requirements that you would be better served by the xtreamer sidewinder 3 which is basically based on the same chipset as the prodigy, just has lower RAM, I don't think it would affect performance in any way as a media player, more RAM is needed for android support. Unless you absolutely want 3.5" HDD support (sidewinder 3 supports 2.5" HDD), sidewinder will do everything that the prodigy does at half the price of 10k, to top it, it is being sold by Decibel now, which is very well known and trusted by all FMs here. So there will be no problems with support...you can send them a PM/call them for finding out more...

http://www.hifivision.com/authorised-dealers/25587-xtreamer-media-players-pioneer.html

cheers!

Xtreamer prodigy has dvb-t tuner and supprots upto 3.5" hd. Additionally it has AirPlay support, which for me personally becomes a deal breaker over say the sidewinder or himedia. You end up saving the cost of an apple tv or airport express and save one hdmi input into your avr.

Xtreamer prodigy has dvb-t tuner and supprots upto 3.5" hd. Additionally it has AirPlay support, which for me personally becomes a deal breaker over say the sidewinder or himedia. You end up saving the cost of an apple tv or airport express and save one hdmi input into your avr.

You mean seals the deal for you :)

Not a deal breaker

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back