Help me to choose the correct speakers

anoopkzm

Dear Frenz,

I am planning to buy Yamaha RX-V463 AV Receiver to start off with my Home Theater. However, I am not sure on selecting the right speakers. I would like to have a 5.1 system and they will have to play 50% music and 50% movies. Please help me out to find the right speakers for me. My budget would come to 25K for the speakers.

Dear Frenz,

I am planning to buy Yamaha RX-V463 AV Receiver to start off with my Home Theater. However, I am not sure on selecting the right speakers. I would like to have a 5.1 system and they will have to play 50% music and 50% movies. Please help me out to find the right speakers for me. My budget would come to 25K for the speakers.

25k is less for 5.1 pack,however I have seen one Jamo pack for 28k yr back.
Wharf HCP for 38k.

I have seen Marantz LS6000 5.1 Speaker Package with 3 Way Towers & 10" Subwoofer selling at a price of 35K. Whatz your opinion regarding Yamaha RX 463 AVR and Marantz LS6000 speaker package?

Anoop: Buddy, I feel you should choose the speakers first and then decide the amplication part. The signature of the speaker is the one that matters the most in the HT/Audio chain and IMHO should be attended first.

Sumit.

Dear Frenz,

thanks sumit, can you please advise me a 5.1 speaker system along with a decent AV receiver at <-45K.

thanks sumit, can you please advise me a 5.1 speaker system along with a decent AV receiver at <-45K.

If you are keen on mov,then Onk Htib 5100 is better choice -MRP-45k was @ croma 2 months back.
Marantz is not known for spk.

others-http://www.sumaria.in/index.php/audio/home-theatre-systems

I was researching about Onkyo HTIB previous days... can somebody help me to choose between HTS 5100 and HTS 990.

I was researching about Onkyo HTIB previous days... can somebody help me to choose between HTS 5100 and HTS 990.

What's the price difference between both? I've not auditioned the HTS 990, but I've setup the HTS 5100 for a couple of people and they are indeed very happy with it. But the HTS 990 would win hands down I suppose, it's the world's first THX Certified HTIB. If you can afford it then go for the HTS 990 and also do post the price difference between both and how much you're quoted for both.

Dear Frenz,

Anoop

as per you, you need a system tht goes well with Movies & Music both in a 50-50 format...
So then y r u lukin in for Yamaha...?? it sucks when Audio is concerned...

The basic suggestion goes in this way...

Movies - atleast 70% Movies = Yamaha
Music - atleast 60% Music = Cambridge/NAD/Myryad
Both - 50 - 50 req = Denon

and as far as speakers are concerned, then instead of wasting your money on the stupid HTiB's, i will repeat my same theory of building your system step by step...
in 45K u can start up with a Reciever, Floor Stander Speakers and Cables...
Later on add the rears, center and sub...
and finally a DVD and a CD player...to complete your setup...
this process will take some time, but at the end u will be the proud owner of a proper System...

What's the price difference between both? I've not auditioned the HTS 990, but I've setup the HTS 5100 for a couple of people and they are indeed very happy with it. But the HTS 990 would win hands down I suppose, it's the world's first THX Certified HTIB. If you can afford it then go for the HTS 990 and also do post the price difference between both and how much you're quoted for both.

I heard that 5100 costs to around 45K and HTS 990 comes to 55K, dont know the exact prices. Can any of my Bangalore or Chennai friends help me out to know the exact prices for these. I am at TVM and here there are not many places to do an audition and check the prices.

Thanks in advance....

Anoop

as per you, you need a system tht goes well with Movies & Music both in a 50-50 format...
So then y r u lukin in for Yamaha...?? it sucks when Audio is concerned...

The basic suggestion goes in this way...

Movies - atleast 70% Movies = Yamaha
Music - atleast 60% Music = Cambridge/NAD/Myryad
Both - 50 - 50 req = Denon

and as far as speakers are concerned, then instead of wasting your money on the stupid HTiB's, i will repeat my same theory of building your system step by step...
in 45K u can start up with a Reciever, Floor Stander Speakers and Cables...
Later on add the rears, center and sub...
and finally a DVD and a CD player...to complete your setup...
this process will take some time, but at the end u will be the proud owner of a proper System...

yes buddy I would hav loved to go for it, but budget is a contrant... :sad:

Anoop, I am not a seller/ dealer, and not an audiophile, but I can differentiate between bad, good and very good.
I agree with Mridul, and with my personal experience I can tell you that a even a movie would sound much better with just two good speakers compared to low quality/ low powered 5.1 I experienced it when I moved to just 2 floorstanders, and watched Batman on them. It was much better than 5.1
Post a Wanted on HiFi Mart and you may get lucky.

regards

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back