Help me to repair center speaker - Energy Classic 5.1

jprxv675

Hi Experts,

I recently bought Yamaha RX V675 receiver and Energy take classic 5.1 speakers from US by one of my friend. I had set it up and was working great. But somehow I damaged the center speaker alone. I just connected TV without noticing the receiver volume was max and that sudden hell of sound damaged the center speaker. Now its giving crackling sound.. especially for voice tones.

Can anyone let me know the service center for Energy speakers or a place to repair the Energy speaker in Chennai?

This may not answer your question, however to prevent similar instances on an Yamaha receiver, I'd suggest to set Initial Volume and Max Volumes to tolerable limits. This also protects against scenarios where young children may fiddle with the volume control.

As far as the center speaker issues goes, I'm not sure if you can get a replacement speaker, you may have to check the specs and get a replacement driver or a new cone.

Hope this helps,

BR,
Rajiv

Check the model number of the center speaker and search on Ebay for replacement drivers...you will then get the part number.....

I have not heard of a direct Energy Dealer in India but i am sure some alternate speaker can work as a replacement....else order from Ebay.com

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back