Help needed for blown out Wharfedale Subwoofer

vktyagi

My Wharfedale Subwoofer went dead some time ago. I handed the same over to one authorised service centre for other brands of audio equipment. The service centre owner informed me that the power supply of the S/W has burned out. Now it is almost a year, and he has not been able to get the necessary components to replace the burnt-out parts.
Help is caught to find a solution to bring the subwoofer back to life. Please suggest if it can be repaired by replacing the entire circuit plate, if yes, where can I get it in NCR. If an external amplifier can solve the purpose, details of the same like brand, price and availability.
Thanks in advance.

My Wharfedale Subwoofer went dead some time ago. I handed the same over to one authorised service centre for other brands of audio equipment. The service centre owner informed me that the power supply of the S/W has burned out. Now it is almost a year, and he has not been able to get the necessary components to replace the burnt-out parts.
Help is caught to find a solution to bring the subwoofer back to life. Please suggest if it can be repaired by replacing the entire circuit plate, if yes, where can I get it in NCR. If an external amplifier can solve the purpose, details of the same like brand, price and availability.
Thanks in advance.

Unless there is a sentimental value to use the same subwoofer, evaluate the costs to repair / replace parts and then consider options like the cost of new sub or alternatively search for a pre owned one which works for you in terms of size, performance and effective costing.

Unless there is a sentimental value to use the same subwoofer, evaluate the costs to repair / replace parts and then consider options like the cost of new sub or alternatively search for a pre owned one which works for you in terms of size, performance and effective costing.
You have a point.
Thanks

would it be a wise decision to spend a whopping 42K for the revival of a subwoofer which can be replaced with a new one at almost the same price?

Would suggest to compare the specs freq size etc and warranty aspects and then take a call. Bottomline you should like the performance of the sub and hence audition is very imp

would it be a wise decision to spend a whopping 42K for the revival of a subwoofer which can be replaced with a new one at almost the same price?
There are other lower spec versions of the Crown. This is the one I am using. When I bought it, it was 30000 odd rupees. My sub cost me 90000 rupees.

You could take a look at the cheaper options to see if it works for you or buy a new sub. I wanted to convey that external amps with DSP work quite well with active subs whose plates are broken.

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back