Help needed for choosing a stereo amplifier

Hai Moserw,

Comparing to the posts by you and Venkat I think mine is a drop in the ocean. The forum is the place to learn as well as to share the knowledge with the members. I have actually learnt a lot about CDPs and Interconnects and speaker wires only from this forum.

People like Gobble ,Cranky, Spirovious, Soundsgreat ,Suprateep et all should be saluted for their services.

Thanks,

N Murali.

Hai spirovious

Thanks for the help, saving my time. I request Arun to Browse my Profile page to have a look at the pics of my Audio set up.

Thanks,

N Murali.

Azur 540A (Version 2) amplifier costs 18455 after discount at Cressida AV zone Thiruvanmiyur... Is this the best price...

Last edited:
Somewhere in this forum I heard about the Pulz amplifiers..But I forgot .... I'm going to start this evening for auditioning starting with Craftel...Will post the progress...

The source I'm going to use is a portable cd/mp3 player from Panasonic...Its model number is SL-MV65...its so huge it cannot be called portable.,....Can this be used with the amp...or do I need a professional CD player...

The source I'm going to use is a portable cd/mp3 player from Panasonic...Its model number is SL-MV65...its so huge it cannot be called portable.,....Can this be used with the amp...or do I need a professional CD player...

You don't have to carry a CD Player. Most demo places will have their own CD Player. Craftel sure has one.

Just carry your own CDs of music you are familiar with.

Cheers

Last edited:
You don't have to carry a CD Player. Most demo places will have their own CD Player. Craftel sure has one.

Just carry your own CDs of music you are familiar with.

Cheers

LOL.
IMO "professional" CD players like Denon etc are joke.
They are unable to play CD-R.

So arun, don't take chances if you are carrying CDs that you wrote on your own.

i think you being in Chennai should go out and look around the stores which sell audio equipment and come back home, look up on the internet for the reviews of the models you liked and in your budget/ post it on Hifivision for advice and go from there.
Also you have agents who sell used stuff in Chennai, if dealt carefully you can get hold of good stuff for a cheaper price. The other day i'd bought from Chennai a Yamaha AX 900(1987) 130wpc@8ohms continuous for 8500/- and its working fine (driving a pair of CadenceDS(again bought from a private seller from Mumbai for 12k:eek:hyeah: ---- sounds great).
I'm from Vizag and the only way i could get info or find stuff was the internet.
I think you can do much better..... Good luck.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back