Help needed for Home Audio setup

rohanshetty

Hello Everyone,
I am a newly registered member and need some help with regards to a setup of a home audio system. Have already gone through tons of information on the net but ended up being completely confused. Have listed my requirements below:

Budget: 50-55k
What kind of music i listen to: mainly classic rock, pop, house,....no classical music, no instrumental music
What do i like in the music i listen to: deep clarity in music, the 'bass thump' feeling....but not too much bass as well, ability to differentiate individual strings being strummed on the guitar. Basically need the audio setup for easy listening...but also should have the capability to go loud as well once in a while in case i get excited when a particular song is played. :yahoo:
Where do i listen to music: Setup is for my house hall which is about 20 ft x 14 ft. Would mostly be listening to music on a couch facing the speakers, but would want a similar 'sound feeling' as i move around the room as well.
Source of music: ipod/ipad...would be using the headphone out (3.5 mm)...entire collection of music is in mp3 format ...some at 256 kbps...some other lower than that. No audio CD's ...so no FLAC format involved.

I am now completely confused whether to go a 2 active speaker setup or for separate setup (integrated amp + 2 speakers).
Also looked at active monitors...but heard that monitors are mainly for studio setups and bring out flaws in the music...so artists can correct them...So not sure if monitors help my cause.
Also do i need a DAC ...to enhance my music input ?

Any recommendations for the above requirements would be highly appreciated. Of course i will audition the recommendations and see if my ears really love the sound coming out of the setup.

Hope i have not bored you all to death with a long set of requirements...:p

Regards,
Rohan

Hi,

There are a lot of brands in the market and Bangalore has a lot of dealers who sell the best equipment...the key is to audition certain brands which fit within your budget and shortlist some to take a proper decision. Since most of the music is in mp3 format, you should carry the same (varieties) in a pen drive and go window shopping to all possible dealers and hear different brands....for me personally, I found Marantz more warmer in performance and clarity towards music....the speakers and cables used also matter....

Go and audition some systems and come back with a tentative list of what appeals to you. There would also be some posts on stereo systems etc available on HFV.

Hope this helps

Hello Everyone,
I am a newly registered member and need some help with regards to a setup of a home audio system. Have already gone through tons of information on the net but ended up being completely confused. Have listed my requirements below:

Budget: 50-55k
What kind of music i listen to: mainly classic rock, pop, house,....no classical music, no instrumental music
What do i like in the music i listen to: deep clarity in music, the 'bass thump' feeling....but not too much bass as well, ability to differentiate individual strings being strummed on the guitar. Basically need the audio setup for easy listening...but also should have the capability to go loud as well once in a while in case i get excited when a particular song is played. :yahoo:
Where do i listen to music: Setup is for my house hall which is about 20 ft x 14 ft. Would mostly be listening to music on a couch facing the speakers, but would want a similar 'sound feeling' as i move around the room as well.
Source of music: ipod/ipad...would be using the headphone out (3.5 mm)...entire collection of music is in mp3 format ...some at 256 kbps...some other lower than that. No audio CD's ...so no FLAC format involved.

I am now completely confused whether to go a 2 active speaker setup or for separate setup (integrated amp + 2 speakers).
Also looked at active monitors...but heard that monitors are mainly for studio setups and bring out flaws in the music...so artists can correct them...So not sure if monitors help my cause.
Also do i need a DAC ...to enhance my music input ?

Any recommendations for the above requirements would be highly appreciated. Of course i will audition the recommendations and see if my ears really love the sound coming out of the setup.

Hope i have not bored you all to death with a long set of requirements...:p

Regards,
Rohan

In your situation and budget, it is good to start with integrated amp with inbuit DAC. There are good options for you in HIFIMART. If you dont hear the difference in MP3 and FLAC..then continue with MP3. Make sure , you spend 98% on the amp+speaker and rest of the amount in accessories(cables).

And as anyone would have said..go for extensive auditions..and for the beginners..Marantz never fails..

Cheers

Dheeraj

Also do i need a DAC ...to enhance my music

Regards,
Rohan

For now looking at the source files and player you are using I would strongly recommend that you forget about getting a separate DAC. Spend the money on better speakers/amp

Thank you all for the feedback so far...will surely audition several options and come back here for further recommendations with the ones i have short listed.
Any opinions on active monitors ...like Yamaha HS8, M audio BX8 ? ....
Do monitors serve well for home audio systems...or they are really meant for studios?...
Considering that my input source is only mp3...(it for sure will have flaws compared to FLAC...due to compression etc)...will these flaws show up more prominently on Monitors ?....
Will audition them as well and get back....

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back