Help needed in setting up my home theater.

santnai

First of all I would like to say hi to all home theater expert in this forum. I require your help in setting up the home theater room. I have a dedicated room (12x18) for home theater in my house at Bangalore. I constructed my house in 2008 and due to budget constraints could not do much for the media room. I haven't taken care of any acoustic during my construction. Oncer I went through post by Shrisha and Santosh in this forum realize the importance of it. So far all what I have done in this room is Provision for 7.1 system with concealed (QED) cable, Mount for the projector, HDMI cabling for Projector, Component Cabling, POP Ceiling with concealed lights and wooden flooring. Entire cabling was done by the PROFX people.

After realizing the importance of acoustic I contacted Mr. Praveen from anutone to visit my site. He suggested me (NSS 1200x600x20 sound soak panel cc25 channel/wooden reapers) infill synth, board of 600x1200mmx15thk, fabric of 4mm cord) for sound proofing. The estimated cost is around Rs 72960.

I need your help in finalizing the equipment for my home theater. I have done audition for couple of speakers like Jamo, Kef, Sonodyne, Wharfedale, Polk Audio(Very loud).

I am planning to have below setup

Denon AVR-2310
Kef iQ50 (Tower sepaker)
Kef iQ10 (Sorround speaker)
Kef iQ60C (Center Speaker)
Sub - No idea
Projector Epson Home Cinema 8500UB (Planning to get from US)
Gaming console Ninetndo WII(already have one)
logitech harmony one (One for all remote)
Screen 120" - Planning for Fix screen.
Panasonic DMP-BD60 Blu-Ray disc player (Planning to get from US)

In my area we have frequent power cuts. Do I require any Stablizers and UPS? Your valuable suggestion and ideas are more welcome.

Regards,

Santosh

Last edited:
Santosh

I am also in the process of finalising my HT Room acoustic insulation, and have met Praveen recently. I suggest you contact Satosh on this forum who has done a good job of doing his HT room(diy), visit his place and see for yourself, and then proceed.

George

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back