Help needed in setting up my home theater.

santnai

First of all I would like to say hi to all home theater expert in this forum. I require your help in setting up the home theater room. I have a dedicated room (12x18) for home theater in my house at Bangalore. I constructed my house in 2008 and due to budget constraints could not do much for the media room. I haven't taken care of any acoustic during my construction. Oncer I went through post by Shrisha and Santosh in this forum realize the importance of it. So far all what I have done in this room is Provision for 7.1 system with concealed (QED) cable, Mount for the projector, HDMI cabling for Projector, Component Cabling, POP Ceiling with concealed lights and wooden flooring. Entire cabling was done by the PROFX people.

After realizing the importance of acoustic I contacted Mr. Praveen from anutone to visit my site. He suggested me (NSS 1200x600x20 sound soak panel cc25 channel/wooden reapers) infill synth, board of 600x1200mmx15thk, fabric of 4mm cord) for sound proofing. The estimated cost is around Rs 72960.

I need your help in finalizing the equipment for my home theater. I have done audition for couple of speakers like Jamo, Kef, Sonodyne, Wharfedale, Polk Audio(Very loud).

I am planning to have below setup

Denon AVR-2310
Kef iQ50 (Tower sepaker)
Kef iQ10 (Sorround speaker)
Kef iQ60C (Center Speaker)
Sub - No idea
Projector Epson Home Cinema 8500UB (Planning to get from US)
Gaming console Ninetndo WII(already have one)
logitech harmony one (One for all remote)
Screen 120" - Planning for Fix screen.
Panasonic DMP-BD60 Blu-Ray disc player (Planning to get from US)

In my area we have frequent power cuts. Do I require any Stablizers and UPS? Your valuable suggestion and ideas are more welcome.

Regards,

Santosh

Hi,

I have used the following devices: Denon 2310 and Pana BD-60 (modded and region free) and currently using Denon 790 US model (1910) and have been very impressed by their performances. Denon 2310 was an overkill for my setup, so I got 790. Denon 1910 and 2310 are clear winners with loads of features. Highly recommend one! But regarding speakers, i think you are the only best person in the world to select them, as people like different tones, some bright, tight, etc.

I give my recommendations for denon 2310 and pana bd60. Regarding projectors, did you look at Optoma HD20? Also, considering adding a media player as well which is so portable and does lot of magic!

Just for your reference http://www.hifivision.com/audio-video-accessories/7364-price-thread-stabilizers-cvt-servo-avt.html

Cheers

Hi santnai

You it seems your about to have a nice setup with some good brands for your HT, so it is wise to have a power conditioner to safeguard your investment. I suggest you look into the following link for your equipment safety.

APC - Product Section

Regards

Sub

Video: Panny 32 LCD, PS3, Sony DVP-NS78H, Samsung DVD-P365H, WDTV, Big TV.
Audio: Yamaha RX-V661, Sansui G-5000, Hand Made Towers for stereo, Pioneer Linear Power for HT with Onkyo SL-107 powered sub.

Hi Venkatesh,

Thanks a lot for the speedy response? What's the price of Panasonic region free BD player in India? If I get this player from US will it work in India? BD60 is costing only 115$ in US I guess for this price you won't get the player in India.

Regards,

Santosh

Regarding Optoma HD20 first of all it's a DLP Projector and doesn't have any lens shift. Since the projector has a fixed throw angle my projector mount is placed at 12 ft so I am wondering whether it will give me a better picture quality and cover 120" screen?

Regards,

Santosh

First Santhol2...and now santnai...looks like the only way I can have an awesome HT setup is by chaning my name to Santosh :(

Hi Venkatesh,

Thanks a lot for the speedy response? What's the price of Panasonic region free BD player in India? If I get this player from US will it work in India? BD60 is costing only 115$ in US I guess for this price you won't get the player in India.

Regards,

Santosh

Hi,

I dont have any clue about its availability in India, since I have sourced mine from US and the mod chip is from UK, but I got that from one of the members who had one extra with him.

If you are getting it for $115, it is a good deal, my total cost of Pana including shipping, customs, mod chip came to around 13.5K. Also, I have heard that there is a huge demand for pana 60 and it is out of stock in most of the stores, probably a marketing tactic.

Cheers!

. I have a dedicated room (12x18) for home theater in my house at Bangalore. I haven't taken care of any acoustic during my construction. POP Ceiling with concealed lights and wooden flooring. Entire cabling was done by the PROFX people.

After realizing the importance of acoustic I contacted Mr. Praveen from anutone to visit my site. He suggested me (NSS 1200x600x20 sound soak panel cc25 channel/wooden reapers) infill synth, board of 600x1200mmx15thk, fabric of 4mm cord) for sound proofing. The estimated cost is around Rs 72960.

In my area we have frequent power cuts. Do I require any Stablizers and UPS? Your valuable suggestion and ideas are more welcome.

Regards,

Santosh

hello santosh,

Acoustically,what you will need is sound proofing/sound isolation as well as acoustic treatment/sound absorption.

what seems is that,Mr. Praveen has given the estimate for acoustic treatment part only or did he mention its for both?

B'coz for sound isolation the panels are are under different name(as below)

"For noise isolation, technical variants
are realised from the core material -
the Septum Series
AnutoneSoak Septum Cord
AnutoneSoak Septum Cord
AnutoneSoak MultiSeptum Cord
AnutoneSoak MultiSeptum Cord
"

But i think the whole autone solution, as suggested by Mr.Parveen would turn out to be very expensive.

You should follow, what santhol2 have done in his HT room for sound proofing and sound treatment.

cheers:)

I am planning to have below setup

Denon AVR-2310
Kef iQ50 (Tower sepaker)
Kef iQ10 (Sorround speaker)
Kef iQ60C (Center Speaker)
Sub - No idea
Projector Epson Home Cinema 8500UB (Planning to get from US)
Gaming console Ninetndo WII(already have one)
logitech harmony one (One for all remote)
Screen 120" - Planning for Fix screen.
Panasonic DMP-BD60 Blu-Ray disc player (Planning to get from US)

Regards,
Santosh

For projector an ONLINE UPS would be far better than servo stabilizer or even a line interactive UPS.

Both APC as well as Liebert(Emerson Network Power India :: UPS) are reputed brands.

I use Liebert online ups model: GXT-MT,1.0 KVA, Price:16,500/- (including vat) (MRP:Around 20K) for my projector.

For other equipment you can use a servo stabilizer of atleast 2-3KVA power capacity.(judging from the equipment you will use).

Or

if budget is not a problem,you can go for a higher capacity online UPS with at least 2-3KVA power capacity or the one with external batteries long backup times.

cheers:)

Santosh

Reg Subwoofer prefer Deftech Supercubes...they are quite good ones...

Reg Universal Remote prefer Nevo, though its almost double the price of Logitech Harmony One...but the benefit out here is that Nevo works on RF comparing to Logitech IR, secondly with Nevo you can control your lights, AC, curtains, etc as well, including, dimming, temp control, etc...so your HT Room, will become more automated and one touch control....

Reg Screen, prefer screens like Dalite or better, dont go in for any cheap screens, as they matter more.. like 2.1 gain, Video Spectra or atleast HCMW...

What is this mod chip? Can you please elobrate on it?

Hi,

MOD chip is a small circuit board with ICs which by passes the circuit in the player that takes care of region locking, etc. So, installing the chip by means of soldering wires connecting the mod chip and the player, as instructed in the mod chip manua, will make the player region free for both DVD and Blu-ray!

Example, a mod chip will look like "http://www.gamedepot4u.com/images/Nintendo%20Wii%20Accessory/d2pro-9-wire-wii-mod-chip.jpg"

About how to install, etc.
http://www.hifivision.com/dvd-players-dvd-hard-disk-recorders/7342-panasonic-dmp-60-a-13.html

Hope this helps!

cheers

Thanks a lot for your valuable inputs. For sound proofing even I feel that this estimate is on a higher side. I would like to know more about KEF speakers? Do we have any better speakers available in Bangalore at par with KEF in the same price range? The good thing about the KEF was very clear and not very loud. I too agree that this setup is costing more. Do you guys have any better option? I want this HT for watching movies and Indian music. I normally don't listen much western music. I felt vocal was sounding very good in KEF. I might be wrong. Keep your suggestions floating.

You can try the Jamo c605/607 which would be close to your kef's and worth an audition. The others would be Wharfedale 9.5, Monitor Audio Bronze would be in similar price ranges, so you can audition for the same.

Santosh, I missed your thread totally since you have been posting in "What to buy?" section. About HT build, acoustics etc, you will get more attention if you post in the "AV Enhancers and Acoustics Section".

I searched for your thread because manishk013 mentioned that you are also in the process of building your HT. Manish dropped in yesterday to check out my HT. He took photographs, so am eagerly waiting for them as my photography skills are poor and my Digital Camera does not compensate for my skills:).

First Santhol2...and now santnai...looks like the only way I can have an awesome HT setup is by chaning my name to Santosh :(
Lol Soulforged!! From what I read on other threads, you are progressing well on your HT in your new apartment. It would have been good if you had joined manishk13 yesterday, since both are in a similar phase of your HT build. Thats why I messaged you. But hey, no rush, drop in when you are able to:).

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back