Help needed in setting up my home theater.

Thanks Santhol2. Presently I am in US and will be back by July end. Myself and Manish had a nice chat and he told me that will be visiting your place. I am waiting eagerly for snaps from Manish.

You are the source of inspiration for many others in this forum. I will be visiting your place once I am back :).

Sure Santosh, you are most welcome.

Manish has emailed me the pictures yesterday, I had a quick look and they look pretty good. Will upload them and post on my thread tonight.

Finally after a long wait my dream has come true. I would like to share my setup details and pics with all of you but my photography skill is very poor so please bear with me.I would like to thanks all gurus of hi-fi vision for providing me the valuable inputs.

SPEAKERS
MA RX-6

Surround
MA BR-FX

Subwoofer
Velvodyne 12" Front firing.

AVR - Denon 1911

BDP - OPPO BD-83

Projector - Epson 8500UB

Screen - Grandview 16:9

Universal Remote - Harmony one for all

Game Console - Nentendo WII

Power Stablizer - Vertex Servo 2 KV

Online UPS (Sinewave) - Microtek

Speaker wire and connectors - QED

In the wish list - Dedicated CDP and Stereo amp.

Regards,

Santosh

Last edited:
Great Set-up Santosh, :clapping:
Hope you are making the most of it, enjoy!:thumbsup:

Excellent choice of components. Enjoy the experience.

P.S. :- Could you please post some pics of cable management at the rear of your cabinet if you have done any? Thanks.

Awesome setup Santosh... :clapping:

If you are not worried about the TAX opiceerrrrrrrrrrs can you post the damages to the wallet.. :D

Hi Santhosh,

Can you suggest me the Projecting distance for 92" Diagonal Screen, 100" Diagonal Screen, 120" Diagonal Screen for the room Size 10'2" in width x17' length.

Thanks

Thanks Subash. I thought of carpetting it but the entire room is full of Anutone board which will do more of sound absorbtion so on top of that if I put carpet then there will be more sound absorbtion. What I feel is HT room should be a mix of absorbtion and reflection. Hence floor and ceiling will act as a reflection. Please let me know your thought on this?

Regards,

Santish

hi santnai,

Can you suggest me the Ideal Projecting distance for 92" Diagonal Screen, 100" Diagonal Screen, 120" Diagonal Screen for the room Size 10'2" in width x17' length.

If i fix the Projector at 16 feet distance, can i get the Projection sizes varied from 92", 100" and 120" at the same 16 feet distance.

Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks Subash. I thought of carpetting it but the entire room is full of Anutone board which will do more of sound absorbtion so on top of that if I put carpet then there will be more sound absorbtion. What I feel is HT room should be a mix of absorbtion and reflection. Hence floor and ceiling will act as a reflection. Please let me know your thought on this?

Regards,

Santish

My suggestion would be - do not carpet the entire floor - but put a thick area rug at the first reflection point on the floor. That should be adequate especially since you have fully treated walls. This should help greatly with dialog intelligibility. Just my humble observation.
BTW a great looking setup - Congratulations!
Cheers
Sid

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back