Help needed setting up a touch screen jukebox!

summers

As the title suggests i am looking to buy a touchscreen, all-in-one desktop pc and really i want to know what i need to set it up - please be patient i am a bit of a novice when it comes to this sort of thing. I want separate speakers, and i'm assuming i would need a separate amp? I don't care too much for digital radio, but would want to upload all my cd's and internet downloads. I want it to work a bit like a digital pub jukebox with lots of different playlists (with a queing system also), and maybe wirreless speakers so i can listen in different rooms. Does anybody know if this is at all possible? Will the sound quality be very good? If anyone can help i would be very grateful.

I would suggest an ipad as a touch screen controller, and appletv 1st gen as player with hard disk attached.
Or ipad as controller, appletv black (new gen) and another PC running itunes.

But exact features that you want, you would need to explore.

Thanks for the replies, i don't really want to use an iPad as a controller (not really Apple's biggest fan). I definitely want a touchscreen pc and just want to use it for a touchscreen jukebox and nothing else. Anymore ideas people? What does the squeezebox actually do?

Logitech squeezebox touch is a network audio player. It has wireless and ethernet port through which you can play audio files from a different PC/Laptop/Server. Also it has SD slot and USB port from which the songs can be played. It can also play contents from internet radio. It has analogue and digital out. It comes with touch screen and remote control. For more information request google.

You need an amplifier and speaker to listen the songs played by Logitech Squeezebox touch.

How about a pc loaded with xbmc or any other media player of your choice? Add a 7" or 10" android tablet and install remote control apps to control xbmc or media player.

As the title suggests i am looking to buy a touchscreen, all-in-one desktop pc and really i want to know what i need to set it up - please be patient i am a bit of a novice when it comes to this sort of thing. I want separate speakers, and i'm assuming i would need a separate amp? I don't care too much for digital radio, but would want to upload all my cd's and internet downloads. I want it to work a bit like a digital pub jukebox with lots of different playlists (with a queing system also), and maybe wirreless speakers so i can listen in different rooms. Does anybody know if this is at all possible? Will the sound quality be very good? If anyone can help i would be very grateful.

I can understand your reasons for looking for something like this, however, if you could post your existing hifi system, it would be easier to get a more precise recommendations. That said, if I am looking for something like this, I'd go with the following:

Raspberry Pi | An ARM GNU/Linux box for $25. Take a byte!

+

XBMCbuntu - XBMC

+

Dell st2220t 23" Full HD Widescreen Monitor Details

+

(Optional) Something like High Resolution Technologies - Music Streamer II+

At the moment i've got a NAD amplifier and CD player (separates) and also play songs via an Ipod and docking station. But would want to get rid of these items if i could get a decent set-up as described above.

raspberrypi has a separate set of XBMC Raspbmc

the touch monitor might not work with the raspbmc version..as the necessary drivers may not be available.

Thanks for the clarification, I think I confused Raspbmc with XBMCbuntu. I would be surprised if no drivers are available/in the works for the monitor...

Raspberry is ARM based system and as such not much support for the touchscreens ATM.

all-in-one touch screen PCs are available (upwards of 40K for windows based system). most have audio out.you can connect regular PC speakers (the ones with built in power supply and amp) if you are not so particular.
else you can go for USB DAC and then to amplifier and hi-fi speakers.

you can run xbmc on the windows machine and use it as media center too.

please note that i do not think that you will be able to change the soundcard to get audiophile listening experience

you get wireless FM transmitter that draws power from USB and takes input from ausio-out of computers. search ebay.in for "wireless stereo transmitter"
or else you can use windows' native bluetooth function to connect to wireless speakers with bluetooth connections

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back