Help Needed to buy Best 40-42' LED TV

abhinkoi

Hello Friends,

I am from Bangalore & I am planning to buy 40-42' LED TV. My budget is between 50k-60k. I would like the best picture quality, clarity, color combination (true colors) and USB which can play all formats of audio, video, pictures etc.

Havent done much research on it yet but went to Panasonic showroom @ Dickenson Road today & really liked the E- Series model TH-L42E30D. They have quoted me Rs. 58,000 for the same.

I would like to know if its worth Rs. 58,000 & what other competetive models I should go & take demo for this weekend. I can consider Sony, Samsung & LG for this.

Your help is really appreciated!

Thanks
Abhinav

Today I went to few showrooms to check more options. I saw LG 42/LV3730, Samsung D5500 and Song EX520 series 40 inch TVs.

When I went to LG showroom the salesman suggested to go for Plasma TV instead of LED or LCD. I was surprised to learn that but honestly speaking when he showed me the comparision between Plasma 42" PT560 and various LCD and LED I discovered that Plasma colors are better than LCD/LED. The only drawback is that its not Full HD and comes with glass wherein u see ur reflection(especially in more light).

In e-zone the salesman zero'ed down to Sony EX520 explaining various features,PQ, SQ etc. There I compared between Samsung D5500, LG 3730, Panasonic E3D and Sony EX520 and here is my view -

1) Sony has better natural colors compared with others
2) On the same picture I found other 3 TVs has side picture cut partially whereas Sony doesnt have any cut (not sure if anyone else has observed this)
3) On one of the pictures there was a window in the dark place and it was clearly seen in Sony wherein in other TVs it was more towards darker side...I dont know technically what do u call it but this was better seen in Sony
EX520
4) Sony has web browser, skype in built but others dont (as per salesman)
5) Sony has P2P(picture to picture)..u can see 2 pictures simultaneously from 2 diff sources(Digital TV, USB or DVD player) whereas in others u cant

The only drawback in Sony he mentioned that it doesn play .mkv movie format and rest other formats it plays well....

So I am confused now whether i should go with Sony EX520 @ 64990 or VFM LG or Panasonic plasma in 37-40k range as both are good in Plasma making with IPS panels...

Kindly suggest.

Thanks
Abhinav

Sony Ex520 is any day better than Plasma u r considering here..

Plasmas are bulky and energy consuming..gets heated easily.. and very oldtechnology..
LED are sharper slimer and Elegant..Energy Efficient..

The thing is you are already putting around 40k in this purchase..and Sony Ex520 is easily available in Grey market for38k .So go and buy from there ..The only difference is No warranty but anyway these LED rarely has any problem in 1st year untill u r abusing the product..

So I suggest u go for Sony Ex520..

:)

Samsung 51D550 3D plasma TV is best vfm TV in this range. Don't buy a 40 LED, this 51 inch plasma has a much superior picture quality and gr8 3D.

Thanks MeAlien & Madhav for your inputs..

After reading so many reviews I finally zeroed down to Panasonic X30D...Got a very nice deal for this in Bangalore @ 33k with Table mount, wall mount, free delivery & installation & 3 years warranty...

I m in the process of exploring the features n settings now...

The first experience says -

Colors are fine but PQ is not sharp...not sure if I have to do some settings, firmware upgrade or something else...

pls share if u have any clue about it?

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back