What is the best TV to buy in India Amazon Prime day sale 15 16 July?

Onkst

Are you planning to buy a TV this prime day sale?

Please checkout the tvs in discount and new launches and help me suggest a TV in following categories:

Best tv in 40 50k range.
Best for gaming in 40 50k range.
Best tv in 50 to 80k range.
Best for gaming in 50 to 80k range.
Best/ cheapest miniled in less than 1 lkh or so (guess theres a new launch by Toshiba).
Overall best value for money TV.

I know it is a subjective choice; yet trying to get inspired...

Yes 61k effective for 65in. It went out of stock so fast.
For me it was showing out of stock since yesterday when it was 79k. I don’t think they had any in stock

My brother got the 55” for 51k instead. Great value still.

The Toshiba M650 seems another good buy at 65k effective. Not as good as the C825 though, but it has more zones (192).

For me it was showing out of stock since yesterday when it was 79k. I don’t think they had any in stock

The Toshiba M650 seems another good buy at 65k effective. Not as good as the C825 though, but it has more zones (192).
Cant find the Toshiba m650 on Amazon. Possible to share the link? Also, it's 60 hz vs 120 hz of TCL C825?

Can you please do a comparison between the two? Why do you consider C825 to be better? Is it brightness, contrast or better dimming control. TCL does have issues with panel uniformity. I don't know much about the Toshiba as this is a new launch and reviews are yet to come in

Can you please do a comparison between the two? Why do you consider C825 to be better? Is it brightness, contrast or better dimming control. TCL does have issues with panel uniformity. I don't know much about the Toshiba as this is a new launch and reviews are yet to come in
c825 is brighter (1000+ nits) vs 500-600 nits on Toshiba.

C825 has 120Hz panel with HDMI 2.1 vs 60Hz and HDMI 2.0 on toshiba

How about this T6G series qled from TCL? 55 inch tv is available for around 40k effectively..
Meh, not even FALD, 60Hz, most likely 200-400 nits brightness. This is exactly the cheap generic garbage which should be banned in 2023.

These companies dump these models in India in the name of QLED, Dolby Vision IQ and other buzzwords because these TVs won’t sell in US or China and customers in India don’t know any better.

I wouldn’t even buy this at 30k. Avoid!

Meh, not even FALD, 60Hz, most likely 200-400 nits brightness. This is exactly the cheap generic garbage which should be banned in 2023.

These companies dump these models in India in the name of QLED, Dolby Vision IQ and other buzzwords because these TVs won’t sell in US or China and customers in India don’t know any better.

I wouldn’t even buy this at 30k. Avoid!
Thank you.. so which is a nice buy under 50k for a 55 inch tv for living room? Even 50 inch will also work..

c825 is brighter (1000+ nits) vs 500-600 nits on Toshiba.

C825 has 120Hz panel with HDMI 2.1 vs 60Hz and HDMI 2.0 on toshiba
TCL C825's avg brightness is 500nits on Amazon. Are you sure its peak brightness is 1000+ nits? And the Toshiba M650 averages at 400nits.

Do AAA games go beyond 60Hz at 4K on high graphics settings? 60Hz should be fine for 4K gaming as most people want better graphics and ray-traced reflections.
Amazon web page says it's HDMI 2.1 on the 55" Toshiba M650 but the Toshiba website lists them as HDMI 2.0. Will wait for further clarification from toshiba.

Do you know how many FALD zones the 55" TCL C825 has? The M650 has 120 zones (Amazon.)

You get FireStick 4K Max for free with the Toshiba TV!

The only difference I see is TCL is 100nits brighter and has 120Hz for extra 2000Rs.

Last edited:
Go for TCL C825, It is much better overall, Than any other options for now..
Toshiba is 60hz nothing is mentioned. My friend has TCL C825 and it is amazing for 61k. He bough it around 80-90k 6 months ago.
Currently, do you guys see TCL C825 65 inc out of stock everywhere?

TCL C825's avg brightness is 500nits on Amazon. Are you sure its peak brightness is 1000+ nits? And the Toshiba M650 averages at 400nits.
That 500 nits is full field brightness, like 200-250 nits for OLED TVs. It hits over 1000 nits peak

Here’s it tested from digit review hitting 1000+ nits.

014463d0847585f15ee7b731ab1487d214a7eec9.jpeg

Amazon specs are in most cases bogus and copy pasted by sellers.
Do AAA games go beyond 60Hz at 4K on high graphics settings? 60Hz should be fine for 4K gaming as most people want better graphics and ray-traced reflections.
That’s a pointless claim. Even moving mouse and normal windows operations like scrolling is a lot smoother at 120Hz. And non AAA games go way beyond 60Hz and a lot of AAA too.

Not to mention 120Hz panel can display 24Hz content perfectly without judder doing 5:5 pull-down.
Amazon web page says it's HDMI 2.1 on the 55" Toshiba M650 but the Toshiba website lists them as HDMI 2.0. Will wait for further clarification from toshiba.
The panel is 60Hz. HDMI 2.1 won’t be there, and even if it’s there it’s useless
Do you know how many FALD zones the 55" TCL C825 has? The M650 has 120 zones (Amazon.)
C825 has 128 zones for 55” and ~160 for 65”
You get FireStick 4K Max for free with the Toshiba TV!
You don’t need firestick on the TCL as it comes with android. And firestick claims one HDMI port. It’s a flawed solution.
The only difference I see is TCL is 100nits brighter and has 120Hz for extra 2000Rs.
TCL is twice as bright and has 120Hz. Also TCL has way better processing than Toshiba/Hisense for backlight control. According to HDTVTest it’s on par with Samsung and only slightly worse than Sony.

TCL C825 is available for 51k right now for 55”

Toshiba M650 with bank offers can be had around 50k too.
Links please? Can’t find either of them at this price online. Or were you referring to an older deal?

ok nevermind found the links, no availability for Gurgaon for either of the products

Links please? Can’t find either of them at this price online. Or were you referring to an older deal?

ok nevermind found the links, no availability for Gurgaon for either of the products
Yep went out of stock fast. They were available yesterday and c825 the day before too.

I guess wait for the next sale during Independence Day

Yep went out of stock fast. They were available yesterday and c825 the day before too.

I guess wait for the next sale during Independence Day
Confused b/w oled and mini led, I want to get the 65C2 but I do game for ~2 hours daily, so wondering maybe a 65 mini led is better, wdyt?
its a dark room, so I don’t need the TV to be very bright

Confused b/w oled and mini led, I want to get the 65C2 but I do game for ~2 hours daily, so wondering maybe a 65 mini led is better, wdyt?
its a dark room, so I don’t need the TV to be very bright
If you can afford the 65C2, go for it. It’s not just the blacks, the response time of OLED is also much better than LCD

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back