Amazon Republic Day Offer: Are Hisense TVs good value for money?

wyzim

Following are the prices of Hisense U7K TV during on-going Amazon Republic Day Sale 2024(correct me if I'm wrong):

55" TV: 65K
65" TV: 95K
75" TV: 1.2L
85" TV: 2.0L

I'm currently looking to buy a new TV and I have read good feedback on Hisense U7K 85" TV on this forum when it was available for 1.4L. Is it still a good price at 2L or should I go for Samsung S90C or similar if spending 2L or above? Budget is not a big issue if the pricing is justified for improved quality and I like to go for the best value for money product. Samsung S90C does not seem to available on Amazon, so I might have to go to Reliance Digital or Croma to pick that up. My first impression is that 2L for a 85" TV is still very good value for money, but maybe TCL or Samsung TVs are better at or above 2L, let me know what you guys think. I'll be using it with Apple TV for Netflix/Youtube/Apple TV+ etc., Cricket, downloaded movies & TV shows via Plex, very occasional gaming connected to my PC.

Alternatively, should I just wait for Hisense U8K during next Diwali sale if it's launched in India. :D

If budget is not an issue, why not consider going for LG or Sony OLED TVs?

You can’t beat the overall experience of OLED TVs.
Isn't Samsung S90C also OLED TV? rtings.com gave it the #1 rank and feedback on this forum has also been very good for it, so I kept it as my #2 choice. If 2L is too much for Hisense 85" TV's quality, then I was wondering if I should go for Samsung S90C if the huge increase in price is justified. I don't even know if Samsung S90C ~85" is available in India and for what price.

I have a similar requirement. Contemplating between TCL C755 (@ 2.29 L on Amazon) & Hisense 85UK7 (@ 2.0 L on Amazon). Do we have feedback from fellow member on these 2 sets? Have they changed anything in the last few months in the 85U7k to justify this price increase?

Most of the times we would be only seeing the OTT content and there won't be any gaming. The set would be in living room with plenty of light.

I have the 85" U7K which I got for close to 1.25L and the 65" Sony A95K (QD-OLED). The Hisense definitely worth the price, even at 2L for a living room TV. It'll be brighter than an OLED TV and the blacks are more than good enough for a semi bright room, or even a dark room.

Is OLED better? yes. But 65" v/s 85" is a massive difference. I prefer the U7K over the A95K 90% of the time, the size difference is more than the quality difference.

Regarding TCL C755, it's a comparable TV. For 55/65/75" the TCL is better but 85" I'd go with the Hisense due to more dimming zones and better upscaling of Hisense. Can't go wrong with either.

The Hisense definitely worth the price, even at 2L for a living room TV. It'll be brighter than an OLED TV and the blacks are more than good enough for a semi bright room, or even a dark room.
I will be using the TV in a really dark room 95% of the time, are you saying Hisense 85" is ideal for living room but still better purchase than say 77" OLED TV even in a dark room given its bigger size and super low cost?

I will be using the TV in a really dark room 95% of the time, are you saying Hisense 85" is ideal for living room but still better purchase than say 77" OLED TV even in a dark room given its bigger size and super low cost?
If it's gonna be a really dark room 95% of the time (I'm talking absolutely zero light), then OLED is better. However, even with slight bias light a good miniLED will look OLED like black.

77" OLED will cost you over 3.5 lakhs. If it's a really dark room and you can spare that much change, go ahead with the 77" OLED as it'll be better. In a living room, I'd take size over quality.

If it's gonna be a really dark room 95% of the time (I'm talking absolutely zero light), then OLED is better. However, even with slight bias light a good miniLED will look OLED like black.
I just read about bias light and it looks like I can just use a light source behind my TV to create it even if my room is naturally very dark. That sounds like a much cheaper option than going for 3.5L+ OLED TV for a smaller screen size. haha
The articles are also noting that bias light helps reduce strain on the eyes. Did I understand it right? Can I just attach some small light source at the back of the TV(like the ones we use for kindles) so it puts light on the wall behind?
I also just found some products on Amazon from brands like Xergy and Pesca that seem to be specifically made to be attached behind the TV to produce bias light.

I just read about bias light and it looks like I can just use a light source behind my TV to create it even if my room is naturally very dark. That sounds like a much cheaper option than going for 3.5L+ OLED TV for a smaller screen size. haha
The articles are also noting that bias light helps reduce strain on the eyes. Did I understand it right? Can I just attach some small light source at the back of the TV(like the ones we use for kindles) so it puts light on the wall behind?
I also just found some products on Amazon from brands like Xergy and Pesca that seem to be specifically made to be attached behind the TV to produce bias light.
Even a small dim bulb on the same wall as TV will create bias light.

You can go as you prefer. There are some good options on amazon like you said. Those will provide better experience.

Following are the prices of Hisense U7K TV during on-going Amazon Republic Day Sale 2024(correct me if I'm wrong):

55" TV: 65K
65" TV: 95K
75" TV: 1.2L
85" TV: 2.0L

I'm currently looking to buy a new TV and I have read good feedback on Hisense U7K 85" TV on this forum when it was available for 1.4L. Is it still a good price at 2L or should I go for Samsung S90C or similar if spending 2L or above? Budget is not a big issue if the pricing is justified for improved quality and I like to go for the best value for money product. Samsung S90C does not seem to available on Amazon, so I might have to go to Reliance Digital or Croma to pick that up. My first impression is that 2L for a 85" TV is still very good value for money, but maybe TCL or Samsung TVs are better at or above 2L, let me know what you guys think. I'll be using it with Apple TV for Netflix/Youtube/Apple TV+ etc., Cricket, downloaded movies & TV shows via Plex, very occasional gaming connected to my PC.

Alternatively, should I just wait for Hisense U8K during next Diwali sale if it's launched in India. :D

hi. so did you finally make a purchase?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back