Hisense U7K mini-led

Looks like it’s back at discounted rates on Amazon. 75k pre discount for the 65” model. After ICICI and EMI discounts would come to 63.5k (if you cancel the EMI after purchase).

Would this still be considered a decent deal?

Cc @lightgamer

Something looks off with settings here. VA shouldn’t be this bad even without local dimming,

This looks like someone set the ‘brightness’ setting above 50, without knowing that it’s the black level setting.

Can you share your settings, especially what brightness, local dimming and backlight is set to?
the brightness was at 50, backlight at 100, local dimming high
reducing brightness to 48 makes it a lot better, but still it's washed out
I thought it was a VA panel because the viewing angles aren't great
but it does seem to be ips ! , (touching the screen doesn't smear/turn white ) that explains the bad contrast
I'm returning this unit, black is never black and blooming is horrible!

but it does seem to be ips ! , (touching the screen doesn't smear/turn white ) that explains the bad contrast
The settings look alright.

You might have gotten a faulty panel. Did you do a local dimming test to check if local dimming works at all?

Return that sh*t.. I did the same with my 75u7k. My Auo brightness sensor was also not working. Only 55 & 85 in are no brainers for thieir pre-booking prices.

Heres the group link @gautamsarin

@lightgamer and others, any opinion on the 55inch version of this TV? I need one for parents to watch movies and other OTT content (a few serials for my mom too). The room where we intend to place the TV is going to have a max of 8ft viewing distance. Is the panel on the 55inch subpar compared to the 85 inch one?

Also, is the Hisense U8k actually expected this year and should I wait for that? We have a LG um7290 (my family is really not into AV knowledge/gadgets) in the hall that meets our needs for now so the purchase is not urgent.

@lightgamer and others, any opinion on the 55inch version of this TV? I need one for parents to watch movies and other OTT content (a few serials for my mom too). The room where we intend to place the TV is going to have a max of 8ft viewing distance. Is the panel on the 55inch subpar compared to the 85 inch one?

Also, is the Hisense U8k actually expected this year and should I wait for that? We have a LG um7290 (my family is really not into AV knowledge/gadgets) in the hall that meets our needs for now so the purchase is not urgent.
55 and 85 are good. 65 and 75 some have received good units but most have received bad units so far.

The panel on 85 is better than all other sizes but 55 is good as well. For 8 feet I suggest 75” size usually, but 55 will be okay too

I seem to be fortunate that my 75” U7K is not displaying any blooming or other artefacts. Very pleased with the purchase.

A quick question on the settings - I am feeding my TV through an Apple TV 4K unit. I currently have the output from the ATV set to Dolby Vision, and have also set it to match source resolution. Should i leave it at that, or set it to 4K/50fps?

I seem to be fortunate that my 75” U7K is not displaying any blooming or other artefacts. Very pleased with the purchase.

A quick question on the settings - I am feeding my TV through an Apple TV 4K unit. I currently have the output from the ATV set to Dolby Vision, and have also set it to match source resolution. Should i leave it at that, or set it to 4K/50fps?
Apple TV doesn't have match source resolution. It only has match source framerate. I'm guessing yours was a typo?

Ideal settings would be:

4k SDR 60Hz - frame matching on - dynamic range matching on. This way your ATV will output the exact framerate and SDR as SDR, HDR as HDR, HDR10+ as HDR10+ and DV as DV.

Apple TV doesn't have match source resolution. It only has match source framerate. I'm guessing yours was a typo?

Ideal settings would be:

4k SDR 60Hz - frame matching on - dynamic range matching on. This way your ATV will output the exact framerate and SDR as SDR, HDR as HDR, HDR10+ as HDR10+ and DV as DV.

Sorry, i did mean frame matching.

You reckon it is better to keep the lower resolution as the default, as opposed to the higher one? 4K SDR vs 4K HDR10+ or 4K DV?

Sorry, i did mean frame matching.

You reckon it is better to keep the lower resolution as the default, as opposed to the higher one? 4K SDR vs 4K HDR10+ or 4K DV?
As I’ve said you don’t want SDR to be tone mapped to HDR or DV. It’ll look off.

Keep it on 4k SDR 60Hz and keep dynamic range matching on

As I’ve said you don’t want SDR to be tone mapped to HDR or DV. It’ll look off.

Keep it on 4k SDR 60Hz and keep dynamic range matching on

Ah gotcha - it automatically uses a higher contrast if available (I thought this would set the upper level of contrast).

Cheers!

Hi all,

Just got a U7k today in 85 inches. TV looks great but in the bottom right there looks to be some bands of color visible when viewing grey/white content. It’s only really noticeable if you’re looking for it. Is there anything I can do about this? If not is it worth returning over?

Tyler
IMG_1981.jpeg

Although I've pre-booked it, but only concerned abt the IPS panel.s

Same here, I pre-booked the 65 inch last night but didn't get any confirmation. And no money deducted. But when I go to the product page it says pre-booked.
How's your experience so far with the 65 inch model??

Hi all,

Just got a U7k today in 85 inches. TV looks great but in the bottom right there looks to be some bands of color visible when viewing grey/white content. It’s only really noticeable if you’re looking for it. Is there anything I can do about this? If not is it worth returning over?

Tyler
View attachment 81346
Bad! I suggest exchange! Check grey Uniformity of other 85inch folks here!

Bad! I suggest exchange! Check grey Uniformity of other 85inch folks here!
Thanks! I did check the grey uniformity and other than that spot it seems to be pretty good unfortunately. Will definitely return soon. Should I roll the dice again or maybe try an 85 inch TCL Q7 or a 75 QM8 or X90L?

Thanks! I did check the grey uniformity and other than that spot it seems to be pretty good unfortunately. Will definitely return soon. Should I roll the dice again or maybe try an 85 inch TCL Q7 or a 75 QM8 or X90L?
If u like tv picture quality and performance exchange.. do u get extended warranty till 5 years then my bet on uk7. Ur viewing distance is?

Maybe some sort of manufacturing defect or panel damage? It’s visible on most colors to some extent but mostly on grey

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back