Hisense U7K mini-led

I spoke with Hisense Cutomer Care (1800 266 1969) this morning and unfortunately the 4-Year warranty and Free 4K Firestick offer is no longer available. The unit comes with a 3-year warranty now. Fyi, for those tracking this TV.
I am keen on the 55" unit. Those who had pre-booked and now no longer interested, can we connect to check if I can go ahead with your pre-booking?
Cheers.
The price has increased too.

Great! Feel happy for those who ordered or are looking to order.

By the way just wanted to know if you can DM me the contact info on any one of these lucky "people" who got a 85" TV delivered in less than 24hrs and moreover were able to also check that the panel was VA, proabably post installation (Which also happened in less than 24hrs). Will really appreciate it. Thanks!

Well, after having read the other replies, I hope you are feeling good about your sarcasm above. It’s a bit ironic that *you* took potshots at the veracity of *my* claims.

Have been following this new release and thread. Looks to be a real value TV at this price point especially the larger screens 75 and 85inches.
Congrats to all the buyers!

I'm thinking of getting the 55 inch of this model. Is there any way to get that 4-year warranty offer anymore?

Anyone else having backlight bleed on the 85 inch model?

I received a horrendously bad panel with bleed on almost all sides. How is this possible? Isn't the 85 inch supposed to be full array and not edge lit?

Have asked amazon for replacement but they don't have stock right now for my pincode. Have given me option to return. Frankly I'm thinking of returning as I'm not very impressed with the the set. Though this is mini-LED the picture quality and colors were just okay. Lot of blooming as well. Blacks are pretty bad in dark scenes.

Hisense really screwed the pooch on this one. Regret pre-ordering now.

Anyone else having backlight bleed on the 85 inch model?

I received a horrendously bad panel with bleed on almost all sides. How is this possible? Isn't the 85 inch supposed to be full array and not edge lit?

Have asked amazon for replacement but they don't have stock right now for my pincode. Have given me option to return. Frankly I'm thinking of returning as I'm not very impressed with the the set. Though this is mini-LED the picture quality and colors were just okay. Lot of blooming as well. Blacks are pretty bad in dark scenes.

Hisense really screwed the pooch on this one. Regret pre-ordering now.
Damn that's terrible. I've ordered the 85" as well and receiving tomorrow. Will share if it's good or not when installed. On the telegram group everyone else has gotten good panels till now, so take that for what you want.

Hisense QC is famously bad, so you might have gotten a dud. Good on amazon for returning and providing a full refund though. I'd have waited till the return period was over and ordered a replacement set if possible.

Damn that's terrible. I've ordered the 85" as well and receiving tomorrow. Will share if it's good or not when installed. On the telegram group everyone else has gotten good panels till now, so take that for what you want.

Hisense QC is famously bad, so you might have gotten a dud. Good on amazon for returning and providing a full refund though. I'd have waited till the return period was over and ordered a replacement set if possible.
Yeah I'm waiting till the second last day to raise a return request if they get it back in stock. But problem not withstanding, the performance is clearly not at the level of a 1+ lakh tv. My 4 year old LG 55 looks 10 times better if not more.
5 frustrating days ive had with hisense. Fisrt no mention of 4yr warranty anywhere and firestick missing. After 5 calls they told me that theyll send firestick after return period over and email for 4yr warranty. Then next day had to call them for backlight bleed and havent heard from them since. No call or visit from hisense team.
Above all amazon won't publish my 2 star review citing unusual review activity for the product. Turns out lot of people are not happy with the tv. Now amazon is only publishing 4 and 5 star review coz initially rating was 2.5 star.
Really regret preordering. Should have waited for more local reviews.

But problem not withstanding, the performance is clearly not at the level of a 1+ lakh tv.
How exactly do you mean? If you got a faulty panel that doesn't mean that the product itself isn't worth 1lakh+. You can't judge a product based on a faulty one you got.

If you really believe the product isn't worth 1 lakh+, why wait till second last day, just return it no?

How exactly do you mean? If you got a faulty panel that doesn't mean that the product itself isn't worth 1lakh+. You can't judge a product based on a faulty one you got.

If you really believe the product isn't worth 1 lakh+, why wait till second last day, just return it no?
Backlight bleed is in corners and not in centre of screen. I am talking about the video quality in general. Blacks are not what I had expected from a VA panel that too from hisense at this price.
After checking amazon reviews it seems I am not alone. Lot of people have posted photos and videos too go check there, same thing I'm seeimg. I will also post some pictures at night. Colors are also just about okay and nothing special.

Why you getting so defensive man? Like you I paid hard earned money to buy this tv, why can't I share what I'm experiencing on an open forum about audio and video?

Backlight bleed is in corners and not in centre of screen. I am talking about the video quality in general. Blacks are not what I had expected from a VA panel that too from hisense at this price.
FALD panels shouldn't bleed from corners because the zones should be turned off. This is definitely a broken panel.

Also FALD panels should have perfect blacks when displaying black as the zone should turn off completely. If black levels are wrong then the TV is broken 100%.

I have much much older and cheaper FALD panels and they display pure black when zone is off (Toshiba U7980 and TCL C825). This should do much better than the Toshiba as that uses a 4 year old and lower tier panel from H6F
After checking amazon reviews it seems I am not alone. Lot of people have posted photos and videos too go check there, same thing I'm seeimg. I will also post some pictures at night. Colors are also just about okay and nothing special.
If that's the case why not return and get full refund?

I've seen amazon reviews with perfect blacks and our telegram group almost 10 people have received the TV and all have perfect blacks. I've seen their pics.

You might not be alone, but your TV definitely isn't performing as it should
Why you getting so defensive man? Like you I paid hard earned money to buy this tv, why can't I share what I'm experiencing on an open forum about audio and video?
I'm just surprised that's all. If I got such a panel and had an option to return, I'll return and get full refund immediately if I thought that the TV itself was bad and not the unit.

Last edited:
FALD panels shouldn't bleed from corners because the zones should be turned off. This is definitely a broken panel.

Also FALD panels should have perfect blacks when displaying black as the zone should turn off completely. If black levels are wrong then the TV is broken 100%.
This was my question in first place, if panel is fald how come bleeding only on edges. Also if panel is VA, why blacks so bad?
Okay so maybe I have received a bad panel but what about 7 other reviews on amazon? One or two people receiving faulty product is coincidence and understandable but 7-8 people getting similar problems, what about that? Heck, even pictures shared by people who have posted good reviews show bad blacks lol. So definitely it's the tv and not just me.

If that's the case why not return and get full refund?
I will prefer to get replacement because if replacement is good I intend to keep the tv which was the motive of preordering in the first place. If replacement is similar to this unit I can still claim refund.
I am only annoyed and frustrated due to poor communication and response from hisense. It's not that other Chinese brands are good, but if you pay 1lakh+ you should get good customer service at least.

I'm just surprised that's all. If I got such a panel and had an option to return, I'll return and get full refund immediately if I thought that the TV itself was bad and not the unit.
Why you telling me what to do man? I will decide what is good for me or not. If I don't like it it's my problem not yours. I'm just sharing my experience. Just because you bought it or other people are satisfied doesn't mean problem doesn't exist.

This was my question in first place, if panel is fald how come bleeding only on edges. Also if panel is VA, why blacks so bad?
Okay so maybe I have received a bad panel but what about 7 other reviews on amazon? One or two people receiving faulty product is coincidence and understandable but 7-8 people getting similar problems, what about that? Heck, even pictures shared by people who have posted good reviews show bad blacks lol. So definitely it's the tv and not just me.
Hisense is known for bad QC. Easily 7-8 people might have received bad panels. There are also plenty of good black pics on amazon.

Do whatever you want man. I'll post my review tomorrow when I get the TV.

Also you can't return the TV if it's in stock. This TV is replacement only, you're only getting option to return because replacement isn't in stock. So good luck there :)

Might be worth double checking if local dimming isnt accidentally disabled.

Panel quality variances aside, bleed on even a half decent FALD should not be too evident as the sectional LEDs should trigger off when rendering dark (and bleed won't be visible when rendering light sections)

In either case, if there is still a clearly noticeable backlight bleed after validating the setting, you should definitely raise a return as this would indicate a fault in the Local dimming circuits

Might be worth double checking if local dimming isnt accidentally disabled.

Panel quality variances aside, bleed on even a half decent FALD should not be too evident as the sectional LEDs should trigger off when rendering dark (and bleed won't be visible when rendering light sections)

In either case, if there is still a clearly noticeable backlight bleed after validating the setting, you should definitely raise a return as this would indicate a fault in the Local dimming circuits
Spent the last few days checking and double checking settings sir, no change. Even reset the tv twice. My unit has a hardware issue for sure.

Can someone verify one more thing please, My tv model name is identified as U6KX in some apps, is anyone seeing the same or the model name is U7K as it should be? I checked in stock browser too, user agent is given as U6KX. Is this okay? Or have I gotten a different TV model/make?

Spent the last few days checking and double checking settings sir, no change. Even reset the tv twice. My unit has a hardware issue for sure.

Can someone verify one more thing please, My tv model name is identified as U6KX in some apps, is anyone seeing the same or the model name is U7K as it should be? I checked in stock browser too, user agent is given as U6KX. Is this okay? Or have I gotten a different TV model/make?
You should definitely try get a replacement then. No point in keeping a defective one. You can always reorder when its back in stock.

User agent name on browsers can vary quite a bit - identifiers aren't always changed in code so that bit is very likely a red herring

Amazon reduce the price of the 55 inch by 5K. I'm still thinking whether I should go for it or if there are better options at this price (50K)?

Amazon reduce the price of the 55 inch by 5K. I'm still thinking whether I should go for it or if there are better options at this price (50K)?
Don't buy anything.. Sab moh maya hai.. Buy an oled if you get with card discounts or nothing will be better. 55 inch fald, mini led how else will you get these otherwise.

Had planned for a 65 inch but after reading so many negetive reviews and picture quality issues not to say the inferior customer service, I've dropped the idea of buying this. Have finalized LG OLED C3 or G3 and getting a very good price compared to Hisense and with peace of mind that my investment will be well done though definately double the amount but getting the best picture quality and other things what a TV has to offer.

What negative reviews and PQ issues?
Had planned for a 65 inch but after reading so many negetive reviews and picture quality issues not to say the inferior customer service, I've dropped the idea of buying this. Have finalized LG OLED C3 or G3 and getting a very good price compared to Hisense and with peace of mind that my investment will be well done though definately double the amount but getting the best picture quality and other things what a TV has to offer.

What negative reviews and PQ issues?
No doubt the price is mouth watering and getting these large screen sizes is very pocket friendly but I had read certain issues regarding the brightness, anti-reflection, delay in motion interpolation, response time, colour bleed, viewing angle to name a few. And these just gave me to a second thought whether to go for it or not.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back