Hisense U7K mini-led

No doubt the price is mouth watering and getting these large screen sizes is very pocket friendly but I had read certain issues regarding the brightness, anti-reflection, delay in motion interpolation, response time, colour bleed, viewing angle to name a few. And these just gave me to a second thought whether to go for it or not.
I have the 75” and have none of these issues, there is a little issue with viewing angles but that’s only in dark scenes and if tv is placed on the stand below the eye level.

where are you reading about these issues? I would suggest you don’t rely too much on Amazon reviews they’re heavily biased and extremely subjective. Same goes for India reviewers on YouTube.

I’ve been enjoying the 75u7k for a week. This seems to be the deal of the year here. Outstanding picture quality at mouth watering prices. Specially for the 75 and 85 which were simply out of reach for most people till now
I am playing via an Apple TV 4K. I’ve tried most ott platforms as well as plenty of downloaded media. I’ve played 1080p as well as 4k. Regular sdr and also hdr10, 10+ and Dolby vision. Everything looks gorgeous. This is my first tv with HDR and I am really impressed. The speculation highlights really pop! At the same time the blacks are also very dark. Contrast is excellent, viewing angles are superb and the tv can get really bright when needed. Reflections are very well controlled. I have a big window right next to the tv and PQ even during the day is very good.
I sit 8-9 feet from the tv and 75” from this distance is perfect to give the cinematic feel.
10/10 to hisense.

Your speculations that stemmed from a "reliable high level source" had caused quite a bit of confusion and stress in prospective buyers. Many had unnecessarily postponed the delivery to a later date in order to be sure about the specs.

It might have taken 7 days for you to get groceries, but in my place, we get them in 10 minutes so next day delivery and installation is nothing surprising. And checking if the panel is VA needs just a tap on the screen.

Congrats to all those who ignored the hearsays and went ahead with the purchase taking advantage of the launch / pre book offer.
I don't understand the fact that why people prefer VA panel?

In a big screen like a 75 or 85 inch wouldn't it benifit from an IPS panel due to wider viewing angles? Okay I understand the contrast ratios.

I had MiQ1 75 with VA panel, it stopped working within 2 years. But my point being, it had terrible viewing angles.

So how does contrast ratio matter when the PQ is terrible unless you are not sitting bang in the middle?

Is IPS panel really a deal breaker like many people say it is?

I don't understand the fact that why people prefer VA panel?

In a big screen like a 75 or 85 inch wouldn't it benifit from an IPS panel due to wider viewing angles? Okay I understand the contrast ratios.

I had MiQ1 75 with VA panel, it stopped working within 2 years. But my point being, it had terrible viewing angles.

So how does contrast ratio matter when the PQ is terrible unless you are not sitting bang in the middle?

Is IPS panel really a deal breaker like many people say it is?
It is not a deal breaker but you wont enjoy an ips panel in night viewing.

Was able to return my unit for a full refund. Comically got a call from hisense tech support after my return and that too for the 4yr warranty and not my actual problem.
My 2 star amazon review was never published and what's even more hilarious and equally baffling is that amazon has clubbed the reviews of u7k and u7h, thereby pushing the review total to 4 stars avg.
How bad does a tv have to be for them to do this? Really surprising and equally funny. Glad I returned.

I’ve been enjoying the 75u7k for a week. This seems to be the deal of the year here. Outstanding picture quality at mouth watering prices. Specially for the 75 and 85 which were simply out of reach for most people till now
I am playing via an Apple TV 4K. I’ve tried most ott platforms as well as plenty of downloaded media. I’ve played 1080p as well as 4k. Regular sdr and also hdr10, 10+ and Dolby vision. Everything looks gorgeous. This is my first tv with HDR and I am really impressed. The speculation highlights really pop! At the same time the blacks are also very dark. Contrast is excellent, viewing angles are superb and the tv can get really bright when needed. Reflections are very well controlled. I have a big window right next to the tv and PQ even during the day is very good.
I sit 8-9 feet from the tv and 75” from this distance is perfect to give the cinematic feel.
10/10 to hisense.
My experience with this he 75” U7K is pretty much the same.

Very pleased with the purchase.

Was able to return my unit for a full refund. Comically got a call from hisense tech support after my return and that too for the 4yr warranty and not my actual problem.
My 2 star amazon review was never published and what's even more hilarious and equally baffling is that amazon has clubbed the reviews of u7k and u7h, thereby pushing the review total to 4 stars avg.
How bad does a tv have to be for them to do this? Really surprising and equally funny. Glad I returned.
U7K has an average rating of 3.9 stars without clubbing with the U7H

1697383070364.png

Anyway you got your full refund. Be happy and enjoy. I hope you get a much better tv for the money.

If I got a bad tv and got full refund for it, I would never complain this much unless you know, I had an agenda. Especially without posting proof with settings.

I have proof that the tv performs well, you don’t. Guess which one to trust

Last edited:
I am thinking of buying the 85 inch version but skeptical of the 3 yr warranty (and not the 4 yr which was initially offered). Also the price has now Increased at amazon. RD is quoting lower around 1.52L Will we see higher discounts close to Diwali? And should I be bothered about the 1 year lesser warranty?

I am thinking of buying the 85 inch version but skeptical of the 3 yr warranty (and not the 4 yr which was initially offered). Also the price has now Increased at amazon. RD is quoting lower around 1.52L Will we see higher discounts close to Diwali? And should I be bothered about the 1 year lesser warranty?

You are unlikely to get a 4 year warranty anymore. 3 vs 4 years isnt something I would lose any sleep over, but YMMV.

which RD you got the quote from? I contacted few RD in Mumbai and none of them had any U7k models

Hi all
Injust bought a 75U7KQ tv in Belgium
it is VA not ips and has Vidaa instead of google tv.
the PQ is really bad
blacks are not black
colors washed out in HDR and viewing angles are very bad.
thinking of returning it…

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 50
Hi all
Injust bought a 75U7KQ tv in Belgium
it is VA not ips and has Vidaa instead of google tv.
the PQ is really bad
blacks are not black
colors washed out in HDR and viewing angles are very bad.
thinking of returning it…
Something looks off with settings here. VA shouldn’t be this bad even without local dimming,

This looks like someone set the ‘brightness’ setting above 50, without knowing that it’s the black level setting.

Can you share your settings, especially what brightness, local dimming and backlight is set to?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back