Hisense U7K mini-led

I doubt that 8k will be useful even for 98". With increase in TV size, viewing distance increases too which negates the requirement for a higher resolution. I guess, you will have to be inches away from a TV this size to notice the difference between 4k and 8k. Doubt that 8k will ever make any sense for the mass (not sure about gaming and VR).
Yes, 8k actually doesn't make any difference when we sit farther away. I have seen 4k UST projectors as well fron 120 inches. It doesn't make any difference when you sit farther away. If we compare with 8k TV then yes, difference is percievable and the price is beyond my imagination 😀.

100" UST Projector vs 98" TCL Mid Range TV : HDTV Test

I am always a TV Guy 😊

Last edited:
2 advices for those aren't sure about buying this tv but don't want to miss out on the prebooking offer.

1. Amazon is currently allowing to set delivery date to 17th October so keep it as late as possible. This way you can compare with the offers in the Diwali sale (starts on 7th) and if the offers are better then you can cancel this order and place a new one. Also this allows you to wait for reviews to be out.

2. Banks provide no-cost emi by giving an upfront discount and then charging interest equal to the amount of discount. This amount is ₹11.4k for the 85inch if you opt for 12months plan. So opt for no cost EMI with the longest period and once your TV is delivered and you are done with your checks then ask your CC issuer to cancel the EMI. You will end up getting all the interest as discount so you end up saving ₹11k on 85inch tv.

2 advices for those aren't sure about buying this tv but don't want to miss out on the prebooking offer.

1. Amazon is currently allowing to set delivery date to 17th October so keep it as late as possible. This way you can compare with the offers in the Diwali sale (starts on 7th) and if the offers are better then you can cancel this order and place a new one. Also this allows you to wait for reviews to be out.

2. Banks provide no-cost emi by giving an upfront discount and then charging interest equal to the amount of discount. This amount is ₹11.4k for the 85inch if you opt for 12months plan. So opt for no cost EMI with the longest period and once your TV is delivered and you are done with your checks then ask your CC issuer to cancel the EMI. You will end up getting all the interest as discount so you end up saving ₹11k on 85inch tv.
Can this tv be returned, within the 10 days window, if panel is not VA as described on Amazon's product details?

Will I get 5% cashback with ICICI amazon CC even if i opt for no cost emi?

Does the point 2 really work?

Does the point 2 really work?
This is an age old trick that many forumers have been doing since beggining of time. The thing though to be noted is you have to call your CC provider and have it agreed upon within a specified time or else the entire amount would have to be paid and not the discounted amount.

Double post. My apologies!

This is an age old trick that many forumers have been doing since beggining of time. The thing though to be noted is you have to call your CC provider and have it agreed upon within a specified time or else the entire amount would have to be paid and not the discounted amount.
Got it! So, I assume that within a specified time means the sooner the better? So maybe I can do this as soon as the product is delivered to me?

Has anyone been able to make purchase for 85" U7K? Even though i pre-booked, i don't get the option to buy. Also, my pre-book amount has been released from hold. Something is fishy here.

Was planning to buy U7K but now will wait for U8K. Looking at post on hisense India Twitter looks like Ravindra Jadeja is there in AD. So looks like TV would be launched before World Cup.
My assumption is this would be Flipkart Big Billion Day exclusive as Amazon has already revealed the exclusive releases of great Indian festival and they have not mentioned it but Flipkart is yet to reveal those.

Has anyone been able to make purchase for 85" U7K? Even though i pre-booked, i don't get the option to buy. Also, my pre-book amount has been released from hold. Something is fishy here.
Same here. It says sale starts on Sep 30

30th only it is open to purchase.
The pre book email stated this tv will be available from 12:00 am 29-Sep to 11:59 pm 30-Sep

30th only it is open to purchase. For 85".

Last edited:
A small note of caution to anyone buying the 85" model, this one has an ADS display (Similar to IPS) and is not a VA Panel as was being discussed earlier. Apparently both the 85" and 75" models (85U7K and 75U7K) that will be sold in South Asian markets will have cheaper ADS panels, additionally the 85" model will have lower LDZs as compared to the international model. The south asian models will also get louder speakers (60w vs 50w; as sold in US). Rest of the specs should be same. Confirmed with a reliable high-level rep from Dawntech which distributes Hisense through online channels.

In other news, the U8K IS launching but most likely in December or January. Prices should be marginally higher than the U7K series.

It's sad that the company would do this just to maintain pricing across different regions; taxes in India are quite high. Anyway guess I'll wait for the u8k now.
Is this confirmed? Can anyone else confirm this? Because the Amazon page still claims 1296 dimming zones. I feel like VA vs IPS is less of an issue but if the dimming zones are compromised then it is no go. And if the dimming zones are indeed reduced, would you know what the reduced number is?

Can this tv be returned, within the 10 days window, if panel is not VA as described on Amazon's product details?

Will I get 5% cashback with ICICI amazon CC even if i opt for no cost emi?
Not sure about point 1 but my experience has been pretty good with amazon so they should accept the returns provided you can prove it that it is not VA panel

No cashback or points on EMI

Got it! So, I assume that within a specified time means the sooner the better? So maybe I can do this as soon as the product is delivered to me?
Just check the product before you do that as the refunds can cause an issue once the EMI has been cancelled

Claiming it to be VA when it is not, nobody has a clue whether it is 1296 dimming zones, why is it always a shady deal with you Hisense India ? You need to build trust before entering the Indian market. Atleast make sure you list all the details accurately. And also make sure you list the warranty terms and conditions properly.

All the FM's l, request you to play with this TV as soon as you get it, like there is no tomorrow and DO NOT WALLMOUNT IT or throwaway your packaging in a rush and give us your complete feedback. Thanks.

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back