Hisense U7K mini-led

That's a bummer:(. Is it that bad, I was pretty excited to get it. And the other question is, if not this then what?? I have to buy a TV in the next couple of days. Just checked X90L at Croma, got a quote of 157K for 65".

That's a bummer:(. Is it that bad, I was pretty excited to get it. And the other question is, if not this then what?? I have to buy a TV in the next couple of days. Just checked X90L at Croma, got a quote of 157K for 65".
I don't think the U7K series will be bad per se, just not super amazing. If you're not a TV/panel aficionado and are not very hung-up on contrast, black levels, etc (neither am I), then I think you'll be happy with it.

There is too much uncertainilty right now, given the hisense/TCL history of launching inferior panels in india/SE asia.

As @lightgamer put it, If you can afford an oled and are okay with downsizing to a size below, go for an oled.

My gripe with oled is image retention, when I game for 5-6 hours straight once every 2 weeks. Hopefully that won't be an issue with C3.

That’s pure speculation. The price difference is 30-40% even in US.

If Indian U7K is downgraded and U8K isn’t, then the difference will be even bigger
Agreed. We'll know more soon.

I wouldn't say the U7K will be "bad", it's just that you won't get what you pay for. Unless you're really into picture quality, you can get by with a far cheaper TV than the U7K if specs don't matter.

TVs are something that you don't change often. If you're going to spend anything north of 50k, you'd better spend it on the right product.

if everything is fine as per specs, would the launch prices be considered a good deal ...?
Not really. As I said, panel quality matters more than the underlying tech. Since better TVs can be had by paying 10-20% extra (during the sale period) why settle for this?

In my opinion, only the 65U7K makes sense (if it is VA and has a similar zone count to 75 and 85) at it's price. The 85" makes least sense as a giant screen with low dimming zones will ruin the fun especially if you're into movies, which renders the idea of buying a big TV moot.

Yes I'm certain as the source is reliable. We'll know more soon anyway from the website.
What is soon though. A few days? A month?

Clearly Diwali sale prices will be minimum around October end/November beginning. No sense waiting beyond that if we don’t even know if it’s coming.

Just checked X90L at Croma, got a quote of 157K for 65".
you can get much better S90C QD-OLED for 10-20k extra. Not worth it.
Since better TVs can be had by paying 10-20% extra (during the sale period) why settle for this?
I very very highly doubt this. 75” U7K is 90K post card discount and all, no other decent 75” FALD is gonna be within 2 lakhs and OLEDs will be 3+ lakhs.

85” situation is even worse. Nothing good under 4 lakhs.

you can get much better S90C QD-OLED for 10-20k extra. Not worth it.

I very very highly doubt this. 75” U7K is 90K post card discount and all, no other decent 75” FALD is gonna be within 2 lakhs and OLEDs will be 3+ lakhs.

Agreed.
85" with FALD and 1296 dimming zones, irrespective of final image quality, is a steal at that price.

Yes, we aficionados can nit-pick on details all day, but if you want a large screen, that 85U7K is the deal of the year. Nothing comes close!

What is soon though. A few days? A month?

Clearly Diwali sale prices will be minimum around October end/November beginning. No sense waiting beyond that if we don’t even know if it’s coming.
Yes Diwali sounds the right time for a new series Launch. Most people like to buy new stuff post the Navratri-Dussehra period (Dhanteras, etc; around Diwali i.e.).

Agreed.
85" with FALD and 1296 dimming zones, irrespective of final image quality, is a steal at that price.

Yes, we aficionados can nit-pick on details all day, but if you want a large screen, that 85U7K is the deal of the year. Nothing comes close!
The 85U7K that we're getting in India does not have 1296 dimming zones. That's why it might not be such a "steal" at the price. 1.4L is a good amount of money for a TV. I'd personally go for a good Sony or LG OLED at that price. What point is a big screen when you're constantly changing brightness settings between scenes? With such a big screen this is an even bigger concern.

I sort of agree to this but then again tech evolves fast. 3 years ago who would've imagined a 65 Mini-LED at 70k? I'm sure the market would defintely respond to this pricing. Players like TCL, VU, etc already have models in that size; there should be some consolidation after this: in one direction or the other.

Looks that way. We'll have to wait and see.

No idea about the smaller TVs. Only enquired about the larger ones. My guess is that they're using the same ADS panels there too. However since they don't have full array LD, makes no sense to get it anyway. Much cheaper options available at that price.

Firestick and 4yr warranty are what you get extra.
I'm doubtful that they'll jack up the prices after the prebooking as the U8K is coming soon. Infact I'm sure that we'll see these TVs discounted on sales next year (Republic day, Holi, Grand this that etc).

I was also told that TCL might be giving good discounts on it's lower end TVs in the Amazon sale. For those who want basic TVs, this may be worth checking out.
Thank you! My concern stemmed from the fact that Mi jacked up the price of its 75" TV (if I am not wrong, they have been carrying the same old model too).

I wouldn't say the U7K will be "bad", it's just that you won't get what you pay for. Unless you're really into picture quality, you can get by with a far cheaper TV than the U7K if specs don't matter.
Is it going to be better than U6G that I got last year? If yes, then I might go ahead with this one.

Keep diwali in mind, last year fm's got x90k 65 at 1.12l..Croma ppl always act like punks.. Even oleds go for lesser than that and shopatsc itself lists this is 1.66 so this pricing is nonsensical

i've cancelled my pre-bookings for 75 and 85. I think I'll just for the 65C3, unless the reviews for the U7K/U8K india models are glowing.
Wise decision. But why don't you consider 65G3 ? You can still consider U7K/U8K because it is bang for the buck price but it is very shady deal with Hisense in India. I have more hopes on TCL instead.

Keep diwali in mind, last year fm's got x90k 65 at 1.12l..Croma ppl always act like punks.. Even oleds go for lesser than that and shopatsc itself lists this is 1.66 so this pricing is nonsensical

bro, i've pre booked the u7k 75 inch at 99990.

can still go with Sony if I can get some idea of festive price during dhanteras/Diwali.

any idea what the offer might be this Diwali for 75X90L..?

Anybody have experience with Vu Masterpiece 98" TV ? How good is it ? I am only considering it for it's size and lack of options and price. I am a TV guy, so I am not interested in projectors. So what is the price that I can it for? Can we get it lower than 5.50 lakhs ?

Anybody have experience with Vu Masterpiece 98" TV ? How good is it ? I am only considering it for it's size and lack of options and price. I am a TV guy, so I am not interested in projectors. So what is the price that I can it for? Can we get it lower than 5.50 lakhs ?
ADS + matte panel + unknown zone count. Also if I'm spending 6 lakhs, I want more than 1000 nits. I'd not get that one even at 50% discount.

Also, at 98" you probably want 8k

ADS + matte panel + unknown zone count. Also if I'm spending 6 lakhs, I want more than 1000 nits. I'd not get that one even at 50% discount.

But it's still better than a 5 lakh projector right ? That's my benchmark. But whatever you say makes sense. I would be better off with 85" X95L, but size is a big compromise over quality.. Thanks 👍

There is no plus point to cancel the pre-bookings; give it a day (till EOD tomorrow).
Looking at so many messages/ speculations. Please note the following take on Hisense U7K:

55 inch: If you are a gamer and want something cheap with deep darks, go for it. With CC discounts it can go down to 52-53K.
65 inch: This is a dicy/risky choice. This size is VFM. You will find other 65in TVs aroun sale on 7th 8th oct (wait for a week!).
75 inch: This is the best bet. There is no other 75in tv with even half as close specs as this one. If you gona buy it, I believe this will be the best-bit cheapeast 75in TV you can bag this Diwali.
85 inch: These Violent delights have violent ends! (if you have watch it!) . Please know that, there is no other 85 in FLAD panel with 1290 Dimining zones you can find in even double the price that this TV demands. You can get it down to 1.37-138L with CC discounts and it by far the best deal for a 85in if you are daring enought to fit it. Note, it is VA panel and viewing angles can be messy.

According to my experience hunting for deals in festive period:
  • Deals just before the Actual diwali sale are the best ones.
  • Launch prices are always the lowest. Later throughout the year
  • Either you get the best deal or you are stuck .
  • This will be the lowest price for the item you are purchasing in this year. Next you will have to wait for least 6 months and test your luck to get the product down to this price.
  • Existing Warrenty is better than having no warrenty! If you live in metro cities, your home visit for tv might be faster. Chances are low that you will face any problems.
  • Make sure to invest time to test things in their return period. Buy only if you have the time to test them.

I hope my take helps you clear the confusion.
Good luck for tonight.

I doubt that 8k will be useful even for 98". With increase in TV size, viewing distance increases too which negates the requirement for a higher resolution. I guess, you will have to be inches away from a TV this size to notice the difference between 4k and 8k. Doubt that 8k will ever make any sense for the mass (not sure about gaming and VR).

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back