Hisense U7K mini-led

I've asked the sales person to get the technical spec sheet from the company. Lets see. He sent this link though, 75" listed for 160k on reliance šŸ˜„

Damn, I hope this doesnā€™t signal the eventual price hike like the mi Q1.
65 inch available now for 72K on relience digital with delivery showing as tomorrow for gurgaon

Thatā€™s the U6K though

Damn, I hope this doesnā€™t signal the eventual price hike like the mi Q1.

Thatā€™s the U6K though
oh missed that. Too excited! :D

Unless Amazon India has changed their text, they are calling it IPS.
Around the internet U7K 75" panel is being labelled as ADS, doesn't say ADS Pro. I hope it's PRO. It would probably be the same SKU as other regions since it would be cost prohibitive to maintain multiple SKUs. Even in the US, 75" is IPS.

Sources:

Last edited:

Around the internet U7K 75" panel is being labelled as ADS, doesn't say ADS Pro. I hope it's PRO. It would probably be the same SKU as other regions since it would be cost prohibitive to maintain multiple SKUs. Even in the US, 75" is IPS.

Sources:
It shouldn't be IPS, should be ADS. ADS and IPS are basically the same tech, it's just that BOE made panels are ADS and LG made are IPS. The premium variants are ADS Pro and IPS black.

Since Hisense buys from BOE, it should be ADS or ADS Pro. The terms are used interchangeably, so can be listing issue.

Sources:
So according to these spec sheet its 8Bit panel. but amazon listing is 10Bit. That's disappointing.

Hi,

On Amazon, the 85 inch does not show "pre-book" option, but the other sizes 75, 65 show pre-book option. Does it mean we would miss some offers or any other pre-offer benefits?

Hi,

On Amazon, the 85 inch does not show "pre-book" option, but the other sizes 75, 65 show pre-book option. Does it mean we would miss some offers or any other pre-offer benefits?
85 inch pre-booking must have gotten full. It should be available on the day of sale. Probably wonā€™t get pre-booking offers. Try offline retail stores, they may have similar offers.

Itā€™s mostly a typo, 8-bit HDR panels donā€™t exist
It is 8bit + FRC. I believe only OLEDs and a few premium LEDs are native 10bit.

This changes everything šŸ˜†. Past 2 days I was trying to settle/decide to go with Sony 85X95L or 77S90C this Diwali. Was almost sure of going with X95L if it came around ~3.9-4L during Diwlai as speculated. I completely understand it's different class/segment of televisions, but now the value proposition this Hisense set provides, I have to again reconsider from scratch. At 85" Hisense have 1296 zones compared to Sony's 864. Add to it, it almost cost 4L more (completely understand zone count is not everything as proved by X95L). Finally I think we have a competitor for Xiaomi Mi Q1. I just hope Hisense also release their U8K series
Don't rush, wait and watch, it is my honest suggestion. You shouldn't take chances without auditioning the TV, especially with a brand like Hisense/TCL/VU or atleast wait for a review. I usually don't trust their products that they launch in India compared to what they launch in US, they have poor PQ and Quality issues and warranty is a big joke with this brand. And unfortunately customer is not the king in India. X95L comes with Japan made ADO Panel which is of highest quality or LG G3 which is a fantastic MLA tech display. Don't go by numbers on paper, Sony/LG algorithms, tuning, and hardware quality will bring day and night difference. Aleast wait for a review from our forum members, don't jump the gun or have any high hopes on it.

It is 8bit + FRC. I believe only OLEDs and a few premium LEDs are native 10bit.
8-bit + FRC is just as good as 10-bit. According to rtings and HDTVTest, the pentonic chip and FRC make the gradation better than almost all the TVs.

Should I consider the 75" model? Will it not being a va panel be any less good than the 85" one?

What the major differences apart from the screen size?

A small note of caution to anyone buying the 85" model, this one has an ADS display (Similar to IPS) and is not a VA Panel as was being discussed earlier. Apparently both the 85" and 75" models (85U7K and 75U7K) that will be sold in South Asian markets will have cheaper ADS panels, additionally the 85" model will have lower LDZs as compared to the international model. The south asian models will also get louder speakers (60w vs 50w; as sold in US). Rest of the specs should be same. Confirmed with a reliable high-level rep from Dawntech which distributes Hisense through online channels.

In other news, the U8K IS launching but most likely in December or January. Prices should be marginally higher than the U7K series.

It's sad that the company would do this just to maintain pricing across different regions; taxes in India are quite high. Anyway guess I'll wait for the u8k now.

A small note of caution to anyone buying the 85" model, this one has an ADS display (Similar to IPS) and is not a VA Panel as was being discussed earlier. Apparently both the 85" and 75" models (85U7K and 75U7K) that will be sold in South Asian markets will have cheaper ADS panels, additionally the 85" model will have lower LDZs as compared to the international model. The south asian models will also get louder speakers (60w vs 50w; as sold in US). Rest of the specs should be same. Confirmed with a reliable high-level rep from Dawntech which distributes Hisense through online channels.

In other news, the U8K IS launching but most likely in December or January. Prices should be marginally higher than the U7K series.

It's sad that the company would do this just to maintain pricing across different regions; taxes in India are quite high. Anyway guess I'll wait for the u8k now.
That's very sad. So with higher taxes, Chinese are finding ways to dump even more junk with the use of marketing. I thought U7K is a fantastic TV for the price. Yet it proved itself to be wrong again. This is where hifivision forum is more important where members could see through all the marketing gimmicks and give real insights and save lots of money. If Hisense India is listening, just launch quality stuff with international specs and quality and price it at par with international prices, no issues + taxes obviously and people will buy it. People are not that dumb and people will loose trust in hisense eventually with such stripped down substandard TV.

A member from Avsforum had to select 1 out of 3 panels for a clean one, unfortunately in India we don't have that luxury. Once the money goes to the OEM, it ain't coming back.
Screenshot_20230926_201334_Firefox.jpg

X90L vs U7K Brain Tech clearly says here that U7K with higher zone count doesn't matter against X90L, it is the algorithms and processing that is even more important. Of course zone count is important but in addition to that processing is even more important.

Last edited:
That's very sad. So with higher taxes, Chinese are finding ways to dump even more junk with the use of marketing. I thought U7K is a fantastic TV for the price. Yet it proved itself to be wrong again. This is where hifivision forum is more important where members could see through all the marketing gimmicks and give real insights and save lots of money. If Hisense India is listening, just launch quality stuff with international specs and quality and price it at par with international prices, no issues + taxes obviously and people will buy it. People are not that dumb and people will loose trust in hisense eventually with such stripped down substandard TV.

A member from Avsforum had to select 1 out of 3 panels for a clean one, unfortunately in India we don't have that luxury. Once the money goes to the OEM, it ain't coming back.
View attachment 80337

X90L vs U7K Brain Tech clearly says here that U7K with higher zone count doesn't matter against X90L, it is the algorithms and processing that is even more important. Of course zone count is important but in addition to that processing is even more important.
Very true. India has always suffered step-family treatment from tech brands and the above is not really surprising.

What baffles me more is that amazon allows the sellers to maintain misleading product information on their sale pages. This is essentially cheap theft.

Thanks for the information man. Super helpful!!

I was gonna buy the U7K 85ā€ since it had the 1296 dimming zones as quoted by Amazon. If thatā€™s not true then little point buying it.

Especially if the U8K is launching, better to wait

Zone count absolutely matters. Last yearā€™s Sony X95K wipes the floor with this yearā€™s X90L with the superior processing.

You canā€™t compare across brands with dimming zones, but more dimming zones is always better than less.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back